VVTi project

19pjbsupra97

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

im still waiting on my ECU and i think i figured out the wires and coils... i crossed referenced them to a 98 non turbo VVTi Supra over here in the states and they have the same part number so i think that will work???? i have done this for a few other VVTi parts and so far so good...

yes i do have the ECU now!!! thanks Kslb!!! my comp was weird and didnt let me connect to this site but i received it 2 days ago!

Good good, I can stop worrying now. I hate posting things of any value as you worry until it arrives.

Keith

just another dead end job... i hate the way the economy is right now... i will have updates asap... but i did find out i made a lil mistake, the paint i painted my block with was 500 degree paint... i also painted the manifold, the middle section, my friends hot side, and i was going to do the hot sides of my turbos once they were rebuild... but when my friend turned on his car the paint burnt off in like 5 mins so now i have to get this ceramic paint thats rated for 2000 degrees...

• 4 weeks later...

Don't paint your tubbies just get them blasted and then cleaned out very very well afterwards. The heat generated will discolour it or flake it very quickly without alot of prep and very expensive paint.

Shame you live in the states as considering the amount of effort you have put in i would have got them ceramic coated for you at work.

If you are going to rebuild the tubbies yourself don't forget to have them balanced properly prior to fitting them.

Top job though and nice stage pics all the way through

Looking good! Always like to see another VVTi build (mine is GT42R making 830 whp) :)

Are you planning to hybridise the turbos to Stu Hagen-spec? And please tell me you're going to either paint or polish that throttle body ;)

Don't paint your tubbies just get them blasted and then cleaned out very very well afterwards. The heat generated will discolour it or flake it very quickly without alot of prep and very expensive paint.

Shame you live in the states as considering the amount of effort you have put in i would have got them ceramic coated for you at work.

If you are going to rebuild the tubbies yourself don't forget to have them balanced properly prior to fitting them.

Top job though and nice stage pics all the way through

the paint i have is ceramic paint... and i am planning on blating them i just gotta talk to a local shop and see if they will let me use their blaster... what if i were to ship the parts to you? would it be worth it?

Looking good! Always like to see another VVTi build (mine is GT42R making 830 whp) :)

Are you planning to hybridise the turbos to Stu Hagen-spec? And please tell me you're going to either paint or polish that throttle body ;)

i really want to paint it black... wrinkle black to match the intake... i dont have the paint right now and its easy to take off and do later... and yes i plan on running the hybrid gt28s in the future but the stockers should be good enough as i have been driving with no boost and i have only driven in 2 boosted Supras both 400-500whp one of which i drove and it was raining so i couldnt get on it... with the stock twins after the motor is broken in im going to up the bost to like 18 and should be around 380-400 to the wheels which will be plenty for me for a lil bit... but the goal is to go hybrid and stay sequential and have around 500 on pump

do you have pics? dyno sheets?

Have a look at Ryan.G's website (http://www.2bartuning.com), dyno section, and select Supra.

Look for the 2 lines with "SteveR" on the end of them: the first is on a MoTeC ECU which had the VVTi do absolutely nada, the second is on the Solaris ECU and with some VVTi magic: no other changes were made. It's much quicker now and the lower spool noticably helps out of the corners.