The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Southeast/essex jap meet saturday 31st january

essexgt4

really looking forward to this, though a little diapointed there arnt many supra going. but then again least were not a scooby club theres so many of them around, the other weekend i had 26 scooby drive past me on the sea front. im glad to be an owner of a car which isnt as common as colds this christmas

Well that was cool.

And by cool I mean f'in FREEZIN. I'm still shivering now. Note to self: take a bigger coat next time.

I saw your FFX, Missile, but you weren't about. Very smart. You were parked bonnet in so I was spared the trauma of seeing your wounded splitter. There was a similar silver Soop with the forum sticker in the back but no-one nearby either. The Soops were way outnumbered by other models; it made me very proud :)

Couple of Italian monstrosities - a red Ferrari and a yellow one. Nowhere near as nice as the Jap beasts.

See you at the next one!

Well that was cool.

And by cool I mean f'in FREEZIN. I'm still shivering now. Note to self: take a bigger coat next time.

I saw your FFX, Missile, but you weren't about. Very smart. You were parked bonnet in so I was spared the trauma of seeing your wounded splitter. There was a similar silver Soop with the forum sticker in the back but no-one nearby either. The Soops were way outnumbered by other models; it made me very proud :)

Couple of Italian monstrosities - a red Ferrari and a yellow one. Nowhere near as nice as the Jap beasts.

See you at the next one!

that possibly was me as i was parked right near where the lambo and farrari came in and stopped. totally agree with regards to nowhere near as nice as jap stuff, never been a fan of the italians supercars

Freezing was right, the wind was howling what a nightmare, was a fun night though. Good to meet Missile and Fruity_South. Saw a red one with nobody in it, and the one with GT stripes cutting donuts. I had the silver Veilside that was parked behind the 2 monstrous skylines, afraid all my attention was stolen by them but was still nice to be the minority as far as cars went. Way too many people running around in Starlets, and I saw 2 Celica's with the same stock setup on it park next to each other, would be sad to be either one of them :p Also anyone got links for some of the photos taken, maybe from other forums? I know one of the professional looking chaps took a picture of my car rolling by, maybe I can find it

Edited by Cerikbok (see edit history)

"i was parked right near where the lambo and farrari came in and stopped."

Was one a Lambo? They all look the same to me, these status symbols. Fancy taking them to a Jap meet! Probably overcompensating for something... but yeah, your Soop's very smart too, made me want a respray.

"who is the guy with the GT white stripes and neon lights on his supra doing donuts?"

Erm, OK I *MAY* have got a little over-enthusiastic. But in my defense it was my first meet and I hadn't seen any Soops in months. It was a very special time for me.

Great to meet you too Cerikbok. Cold was not the word, It was freezing, Saw fruity_south's car, Was parked next to my mates drift 200sx. Also saw your car jimbo482, But was empty, Catch up with you another time mate. :) Also saw the black one with the stripes, Shame i missed dougnuts...:blink:

All in all, Flipping great turn out. Must have been a good few hundred cars there in total.

Saw the blue skyline, Green engine bay, that a member here swapped / Bought. Forgoten the name. Had a blue Supra. Anyway, Seeing that in the flesh was amazing. :)

Edited by Missile (see edit history)

Thanks for the link Jimbo.

Nice pics too. I was pleasantly surprised so see my striped Soop in the background of one of those shots (white 350Z (I think) in the foreground).

I'm really looking forward to the next meet now. Must remember to bring a camera...