Quiet times

Guest RONNIEZXR

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If there are a few folk from outside of the immediate area coming, I think an initial meet at the Angel Inn would be most convenient to get to.

Metro Centre and Team Valley and that will be chocca block - would stay clear of them.

I've got a few places I'm going to scout out at the weekend - will post up if they're any good.

cool m8...

if it makes sense, is it safe to initially say :

THE ANGEL INN.

SUNDAY 19TH APRIL

The Angel View Inn

Low Eighton Banks

Low Fell

Gateshead

NE9 7UB

0191 410

beer garden > lets hope its a sunny day :D

i've never been to this place but i know the GTROC use it:

http://www.multimap.com/maps/?qs=low+eighton+gateshead&countryCode=GB#map=54.91341,-1.58485|19|32&bd=useful_information&loc=GB:54.91392:-1.58764:14|low%20eighton%20gateshead|Low%20Eighton,%20Gateshead,%20Tyne%20And%20Wear,%20England,%20NE9%207

Edited by spyro (see edit history)

I reckon so - especially since they seem to be 'car owners club friendly'.

Once we've all met up, been fed and watered, its also leaves us a lot of scope for which direction we want to head off in: across to Sunderland and the coast, north into Newcastle, south down to Durham area etc....

I was wondering about your option at your Sis's pub Hodge.

From Dipton we could go over the top towards Edmunbyers and Derwent Reservoir etc - couuld be some good photo ops there. Some nice open moorland to be had in places too...

:blink:As long as Dan8 knows where he's going, I'll be right there!:blink:

am sure between the 2 of us we will get some where near to where we supposed to be :D

Is there a post code i might need the sat :D

Well as I said as long as I get definate numbers for sunday dinners I can sort out a cheaper price id have thought. Then yeah we could go up the moors for some pics. My son does mountain biking up there (4 cross) and I take him up regular and the views are amazing.

Just let me know guys.

The Angel at 2pm sounds good to me.

Headed up past Derwent Reservoir way yesterday to see what the areas around Edmunbyers and Blanchland were like - roads were all very 'pot holey' and there was quite a few big dips that would scrape bottoms if taken at speed...

alreet lads and lasses

just got back into the north east last night the 19th is my last of leave so will be there, anything else going off over the next 2 weeks ? any think we should do a "supras invade the local metro center chav fest" ? i though it was a JNE meet ,............ iwas very wrong lol