mawby

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Robbie's was a built engine.

Kaan, some of us are planning a trip to Santa Pod as soon as the weather warms up; I'll pop you details once it's organised :)

As far as I remember his built engine let go shortly after he built it and he was on a stock engine, he did great times when auto, soon as he changed to 6 speed he could not get in the 10's anymore.

First RWYB of the year is on the 20th January.

As far as I remember his built engine let go shortly after he built it and he was on a stock engine, he did great times when auto, soon as he changed to 6 speed he could not get in the 10's anymore.

First RWYB of the year is on the 20th January.

I would like to go mid year giving me time to do a few bits and get it mapped properly and not at a "safe" level for the stock auto box it had. Prefably after april when its not so cold.

• 4 months later...

Annoyingly after my diff disintegrated at Santa Pod (click here) I didn't collect the timing slip that contained my absolute best time of the day, but the best one I did collect was:

Reaction: 0.2766

60': 2.3927 (must do better!!!)

ET: 12.4666

MPH: 126.27

J-spec w/ BW B362 @ 1.6 bar. 6spd. ContiSportContact 3 tyres (18"). Santa Pod RWYB 05 May 13.

Edited by DaveR (see edit history)

Guest 97VVTi

Hi Guys, Just Looking throught these forums as a new member, saw this thread and thought i would post up my best time.

Track-Kwinana Motorplex, Western Australia.

Car is a JZA80 RZ-s VVTi auto

Stock Twins

ET 12.259 @ 185 KPH (115 MPH)

60ft 1.89

MT ET streets

75hp Shot of NOS

Edited by 97VVTi
spelling correction (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
My best from the first day with the single and auto set up.

so determined to see 10s but doubt i can do it

[ATTACH=CONFIG]170983[/ATTACH]

Was this with the Drag wheels and 3600 stall? What power was it running?

A 10 could be achievable with more boost I reckon.

2.1 60ft time, so I would guess normal street tyres? Certainly low 11's should be possible I'd guess.

Edit: Ah just seen your sig, if that was drag radials you need to work on the launch. :)

Thats where I got confused, it certainly should be launching harder on drag radials but it depends on what the actuall stall speed is. Alot of these converters dont even flash to there rated figure.

Thats where I got confused, it certainly should be launching harder on drag radials but it depends on what the actuall stall speed is. Alot of these converters dont even flash to there rated figure.

They need to be up to working temp to work to spec, if running big coolers without an oil stat, the torque convertor can't do what it says on its tin.

They need to be up to working temp to work to spec, if running big coolers without an oil stat, the torque convertor can't do what it says on its tin.

I also heard stall speed will increase with more power, of course only to its rated stall though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...