The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Chevy v8 Project - next phase

harley-jm

Cheers.

Looks good in the redline feature - well done to RXV8!

Got the car MOTed and on the road again and planned to run it that way for a while but was disappointed with the power :(. Rigged up a wideband A/F meter and found it was running pig rich. It was better after a rejet but still disappointing but then I found out the throttle was only opening about 2/3 and that has made all the difference! Lots of loverly torque! It is still not revving quickly enough though so I may also add some more advance.

Very impressed with the TRD diff.

However, it is back off the road again as I have ripped out the fuel system to fit an Aeromotive fuel pump/regulator, bigger hard fuel lines, ali fuel cell and aeroquip fittings. Added a boost referenced ignition retarder. Also I've decided I cant wait to hook up the procharger so I've got a custom holley 750 blow through carb coming from CSU in US. Fitted a new power steering pump and pulley spacers so I'm trying to crack on to get it all done......

Will post it up when done.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

sorry - I keep getting distracted by other projects but I am now focusing on finishing this as I want to go back to the Ring in October. Went last year and only finished the car the night before!

The engine wasn't fully speced so I have now sold it and I'm looking at stroker sbc short block kits that can hold up to 1000+bhp. I won't make that much power with the procharger DSC1 but I may upgrade that later. I will probably go with an engine kit from Scott Shafiroff in US.

I have been collecting parts in the interim including fuel cell, carbon seats, boot, wing and diffuser, stainless duel exhaust with cut outs and cross over and solid diff mounts from Titan. I also added a wastegate and electronic boost control rather than mess about changing pulley's all the time.

I will update again soon.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 years later...