The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rear LED 3rd brake light mounted in boot lid

Guest Boywander

Guest Boywander

My bulbs have gone on my 94 import supra 3rd rear brake light mounted in the boot lid below the spolier.

Can anyone help where I can purchase new bulbs, or strip? I have not removed yet to see if they are a strip or individual bulbs.

Thank you in advance for any answers.

Paul

Edited by Boywander
To ad icon (see edit history)

Its a strip, try Keron 07769975299, he did have a couple.

I am in the same boat, but have decided to just have it removed and smoothed over:)

I have just done mine. I had a few stages go out ( 4 LED's per stage) If one of them goes out in the chain then they all go out in that stage. finding out which one has gone is a simple task of using a digital voltmeter and seeing when the voltage has gone. Then take apart a cheepy LED brake light bulb as they have loads in, and replace faulty ones with them. You may be better off finding out which ones have gone replacing them with one of the outer stage LED's then replacing a whole stage with the new ones. You may need to change the value of the surface mount resistor also to even up the brightness etc. Alternativley you could buy a replacement for I am sure 20 quids and save yourself the hassle.

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest Slater
Cheers mate, they were 10mm. All done now. Got all my LED's working :D

Sorry to wake this one up AGAIN....

Theres a few LED's (about four) on the way out on my rear brake strip - any suggestions on where i can get reps? Also just had a look at the boot cover on mine but i cannot see any kind of release catch / screw to pull it off to get at the light strip?

Thanks guys