The mkiv Supra Owners Club

GT74 High Compression Six Speed

Terminator

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This evening we finished of the oil system; HKS kit with remote oil filter location with Greddy sandwich plate for oil pressure and oil temperature sensors. There is enough room between the PS lines and the air-con pump for the Lexus V8 oil filter. Finally fitted the oil cooler in its permanent place, a slightly different position to the test fit location.

Just a few minor things to do on the fuel system, fit the FPR in its final position and mount the clip for the fuel filter.

Everything has been checked and tightened up. Static timing done with the help of the Titan pulley.

The build is almost complete, just a few final checks to carry out before we fill the engine with oil and wind the engine by hand and time the cams.

Edited by Terminator (see edit history)

Fitted the peddles today and got the clutch working, it is hard to believe how light the OS Giken triple plate feels. It must be due to the multi levered pull to push conversion system.

Getting ready for some heel and toe action:)

This afternoon the boot battery was fitted and the relay switched feed to the fuel pumps was installed. We finally have battery power again.

This evening I lubricated the cams and turned the motor over by hand several times to spread it around ready for when we turn the key.

It is great having all the right equipment in MB Automotive's workshop, this powered wash bath beats the old washing up bowl full of white spirit. Washing out the polished cam covers, ready for their final fitting, was so easy. With a bit of luck this will be the last I see of the 280 HKS cams for a long time.

We mainly have wiring to do now, work in the bay is almost over.

Wierd, my last major job before starting was fitting an oil cooler and filter relocator!

Looking good Phil :)

You're just trying to mention the fact that it's now running in as many threads as possible aren't you? ;)

But yes, looking good Phil! :)

That is a BIG turbo! :eyebrows:

Is it just the camera angle or will the turbo clash with your strut brace?

It is close but has enough clearance.

Due to lack of space for a washer bottle in the bay at front near side, I made the original fit in the front off side wing.

I used a hot gas iron to fuse the cut sides together, I did not bother to tidy up the seam as it is hidden under the car.

Edited by Terminator
Added information (see edit history)

After a very a successful and exciting night, getting the car to fire and run, we wrapped up at about 2.00 this morning. Just had a call from one of the guys at the workshop to say my car was sat in a huge pool of purple oil. I have a 400 mile round trip to make today so can't go and look until about 21.00 this evening to be honest I don't want to look. If it is a big problem, I think I may call it a day and break it. Really pissed off right now.:taped: To make matters worse, we just found a huge crack in the RB25 tubular manifold.

All is well with the engine For a workshop prank, one of the guys in the workshop poured some fresh oil under the car .

Only manage to get a few hours on the car over the past few evenings. Screamer pipe now fully plumbed in to the main system. Oil and water systems flushed and filled. New gasket and washers fitted to the cam covers, coil connector plugs changed for new ones.

The system now sits in it's final position, at the lowest point it is only 4 cm lower than the chassis rails. The final elbow under the rear sub frame is no longer the lowest point on the car. This side view under the car shows clearly how high the system fits, beyond the newly undersealed rail.

Credit where it is due Martin. I am not sure the car will sound subtle unless we use the Burns bung. Visually there will be virtually no external change except the odd looking tail pipe and 295 rear tires, I just hope they are wide enough to handle the power. Last night we found that the IACV was not parking correctly making starting difficult. I found the spare IACV I have at home, so hopefully this one will get the idle under control tonight and make mapping the start up map a bit less of a challenge.

Edited by Terminator
Added information (see edit history)