The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nurburgring Times 2008

Gaz6002

I'm in, any day, any week, whatever I have planned will be cancelled for the Ring.

My baby is going into the Supra Doctor Saturday for a winter overhaul, some new bits, some new paint, just some loving really :) All ready for improved Ring performance :)

Can't wait!

Hell after last year.... we returned, the next day I bought an XBox 360, FM2 & a 42" HD LCD just to practice some more ready for 2008.

Counting the minutes!

Glad you're on board mate but you're not allowed to come till you sort out the video from last year :whistle: (or get me a 42" LCD TV :p)

I may well be up for this depending on when. good job the Tanabe medallion is going on :D

Excellent :)

There has been a great deal of discussion on various forums regarding noise levels this year, and the bottom line is 95dbs limit will be strictly enforced, any car or bike over this limit will not be allowed on track, they are also as I understand it posting meters at various points around the track as well

apparently there has been more & more complaints about noise and with more cars attending I suppose it had to happen, My car for instance is 93dbs static at 4500revs so will get through the barriers, but has a straight to air wastgate that makes it 100dbs drivby on full boost at 4 meters so would not pass,

As I understand they intend to pull over anyone with a car that sounds noisy so you may be disappointed by just hoping for the best

one thing coming from all of this is there will be fewer cars in the car park and no porches as they are 98dbs from the factory

(now that will be interesting)

What spec are you running George? When we saw your car down in Dorset, it sounded pretty fruity with the PHR single and all that...

There has been a great deal of discussion on various forums regarding noise levels this year, and the bottom line is 95dbs limit will be strictly enforced, any car or bike over this limit will not be allowed on track, they are also as I understand it posting meters at various points around the track as well

apparently there has been more & more complaints about noise and with more cars attending I suppose it had to happen, My car for instance is 93dbs static at 4500revs so will get through the barriers, but has a straight to air wastgate that makes it 100dbs drivby on full boost at 4 meters so would not pass,

As I understand they intend to pull over anyone with a car that sounds noisy so you may be disappointed by just hoping for the best

Thanks for that. Looks like i'll be re-designing my exhaust then :(

one thing coming from all of this is there will be fewer cars in the car park and no porches as they are 98dbs from the factory

(now that will be interesting)

Very interesting George. It looks like our Supra will not be making an appearance there anytime soon. Might have to take the Zed instead.

Gaz.

To those interested in going to the Ring this year:

I've been doing some investigating today, and it looks likely that the announced dates are correct & reasonably concrete - so I'm going to start a thread with the late July dates as I have at least some certainty that I can make those, whereas the others I can't be so sure about.

If we 'prepare' ourselves and make pencilled-in bookings (e.g. for B&B, time off work, etc) then we'll be ready to move - and in eth meantime I'll enquire -officially- about the opening times. We can then book straight away and know we're sorted. :)

I'll stick a link here once the trip thread is up - I'm just checking in the events mod section if there is anything special I need to do. :thumbs:

On related news:

...and this sucks - it appears that a huuuge fence has been put up all round the track, and that some viewing spots (e.g. the inside of the famous Karrusell) are apparently now inaccessible. Check it out (scroll along the photos at the top). :( boooo

Adds tin snips to shopping list :D

:D

I read a bit today about the graffitti - how (positioned off the racing/braking line) apparently it's generally accepted and messages of support are even encouraged before big races - and I started getting ideas about a Supra logo... then I found out about the fence. boooo

On related news:

...and this sucks - it appears that a huuuge fence has been put up all round the track, and that some viewing spots (e.g. the inside of the famous Karrusell) are apparently now inaccessible. Check it out (scroll along the photos at the top). :( boooo

I've heard a rumour that there are gates in the fences that are very rarely locked ;)

I have the feeling that the fences are there to keep major racedays at the 'Ring due to safety regulations and things may not be quite as bad as it first seemed. Fingers crossed :)

I've heard a rumour that there are gates in the fences that are very rarely locked ;)

I have the feeling that the fences are there to keep major racedays at the 'Ring due to safety regulations and things may not be quite as bad as it first seemed. Fingers crossed :)

that sounds like it's not soooooo bad then. Still ruins the place, but I guess safety comes before beauty. :(