Supra Pod 2008 - Discussion Thread

SteveR

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do I remember that the club had insurance or didn't pay if it rained - is it the same this year (as it's October) ?

Cheers

G

Im going to be talking to Sky about that as they kindly sorted it last year.

We already have the super hoover on standby to blow the track clear if it rains and then stops.

Jay, will update the accomodation thread this week. Still trying to find a venue with a function room and food !! :D

Tom,

theres a large TravelInn at Billing which might have a function room or something near to it. People could also camp out if they wished to spend the night shivvering in a tent instead of relaxing in a nice room. Theres also a Toby Inn closer towards the M1 Junction15.

If you can find a place with a function room let me know.

Its out of season and a saturday so chances are any hotel will snap up a potential booking like that.

sadly we are limited to 75 competitors and not cars.

You have to go through the Santa Pod signup procedure when you get there which means they will know how many have signed up.

We are happy to look at numbers on the day and see what we can do on this, but hire of Pod costs us around £4,800 including track prep, security and track blower. If you take a look at the figures you can see we arent even going to break even so we will be looking to charge per competitor on this one.

sorry about that.

regards

JB

sadly we are limited to 75 competitors and not cars.

You have to go through the Santa Pod signup procedure when you get there which means they will know how many have signed up.

We are happy to look at numbers on the day and see what we can do on this, but hire of Pod costs us around £4,800 including track prep, security and track blower. If you take a look at the figures you can see we arent even going to break even so we will be looking to charge per competitor on this one.

sorry about that.

regards

JB

That's what I thought, but always pays to check, will pay for Soo and then she'll have to run...:D

Cheers

G

Out of interest, do many people who go have stock cars? I'm totally stock, so I'm assuming would get shafted by the big nasty men :p lol

Yes and i wouldnt worry about beating people its supposed to be a fun Supra day ;)