The mkiv Supra Owners Club

GT74 High Compression Six Speed

Terminator

Take one mildly modified Auto TT and turn it in to an ultra quick, six speed, single turbo, silver machine, well that's the theory.

Having closely followed some of the developments of a few cars on TO4R, a few years back I was inspired by Garth Weaver, who had his car built by Dana Westover of Virtual Works Racing. What attracted me to Garth’s project was not just the power of the car but his goal of having a car that had all the comfort features of a stock MKIV. I love air conditioning, it is one of the last things I wanted to give up. I wanted a beast of a car with potential to deliver over 1000bhp but still feel like a usable car. Thanks to TO4R I knew it could be done, as Dana produced a comfortable and plush ride with a total animal of an engine. Taking on Busa’s on a roll and beating them had a certain appeal, especially in the comfort of an air conditioned cabin whilst listen to my favourite music, probably Pink Floyd or Monster Magnet. The lyrics “Space lord mother mother" would be my choice once my car gets back on the road.

So the target has been set, all that remains is to turn it into reality, the fun begins. I will post updates and pics as my project progresses. At the heart of this build is a Virtual Works Racing motor, the spec is closely matched to Dana's own engine, which took his car in to 9.1 second quarter mile territory. Also using a 74mm turbo I hope to have similar power while still being a daily driver.

This project was originally an attempt to make a 1000bhp drag car , started back in December 2006, but due to having other Skyline powered track car projects on the go at the same time, this got pushed into the background and put on hold for 15 months. After completing the track cars, the appeal of a drag car was gone, I decided to rethink and change direction, from a drag strip, TH400 box, missile, to a fast road/track car with a six speed manual box; same Virtual Works built high compression engine, same turbo, just different drive train and an extra foot peddle.

For the past seven years my car has been pretty much unaltered; an Auto TT running BPU 1.1 bar. The engine bay looking pretty standard. It has been fun to drive, but it is time to change.The pic below shows how the engine bay looked at the end of February 2008.

CIMG1889 2.jpg

Edited by Terminator
Updated web links + adding original car spec and details (see edit history)

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Pete, I have been a little busy ;), the build is going very well, it started quite a few weeks ago. I really owe a lot to my friend Martin, he makes any form of modification look easy. Working with the car on his a ramp is a really luxury, it beats laying on a cold concrete floor.

The build s moving fast, everything that is coming off the car has been removed. The new engine and box are in, the loom is done, bespoke fuel system is about two days away from completion. I have to got to London to pick up some bits for my custom Exhaust. We have a fair bit of fabrication to do, but nothing too taxing.

I can't quite make up my mind if it is the power or the 6 speed box that I am looking forward to the most. The only thing slowing us down is the parts we find that need due to changing designs as we work.

I am so impressed with the mapping Martin has done with the RB, that I am going to have him do all the road mapping, with Dimitri pushing the map into the higher levels.

Edited by Terminator (see edit history)

I can vouch for the RB25 200sx being an animal, last Saturday night on my way to my DJ gig I popped into Phils and was treated to a spin in the 200. Its a beast, and the driver has fairly big cahoonas! Lightning fast acceleration in 3rd/4th, WOT with the poly bushed arse end lifting around all over the place certainly opened my eyes. :D Looking forward to seeing yur project finished Phil. ;)

blimey, your not hanging around this time wink_new.gif and about bloody time he he biggrin.gif

The delay has been caused by me funding/working on two 200SX / Skyline conversion projects. Now they are out the way, I have one focus.

Nice one Phil thumbs-up.gif I need a go in this when it's done smile_new.gif

Most certainly Nic, just get over here. We will take a spin then I'll buy you that pint I promised years ago.

Edited by Terminator
Corrections made (see edit history)