The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just finished the budget NA-T project (with pics)

kieren1234

Hi all, i have been working with a friend over the last 5 weeks on a supra doing a basic Na-T conversion and have finally finished with the exception of a downpipe which we are getting a local exhaust company (ExhaustsUK) to make. I just thought i would share some pictures with you, we have yet to start it up and get it tuned due to the downpipe but will be in the next couple of weeks. Heres two pictures untill i can get some more.

It was completed costing a total of around £1300 and will only be running around 7psi on stock compression with an SAFC II to control the fuelling. I have seen some good numbers running a similar setup.

Any opinions welcome.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks mate, i got the main turbo side of the parts extremely cheap from Jody T (CHEERS mate!!!) and then just budgetted from there and bought cheap, but ok quality parts. I am not technically minded but i managed to do it mate. Its simple fitting it all, its tuning it and getting it runny right that i wouldnt be able to do. Will take to Envy possibly for this.

£1300 wow thats cheap so whats been done to cut the cost so much?

Like i say its really a case of finding the parts for cheap, most of the parts were from America or Japan like the oil feed/drain kit.

Believe it or not, the intercooler piping kit was £80 from ebay which was a universal kit, with quite a bit of cutting it now fits like a glode and im really happy with it.

that looks a good job mate

it would be interesting if you could list all the parts needed and any of the suppliers you got them from im pretty good round an engine and wouldnt mind taking on something like this .£1300 now thats a nice price for a basic turbo .keep us informed when you get it tuned.:)

now thats good :thumbs:

I'm totally jealous. Both of the car and your ability.

Well done fella.

Wana come around and build one for me? ;)

Thanks alot for all the comments. I agree with the intercooler piping, it can move slightlyu to the left moving it away from the turbo. For all interested i am going to be completing a FULL walkthrough on what to do and also a supplier list on how you can all do it this cheaply. Thanks again for the comment and a full writeup and plenty of pictures to follow. Kind regards everyone. :)

FAO suprastar, i will gladly come anf fit everything for you if you get the parts. I will do this for free bud not a problem!!

Congrats on the price, thats a very cheap conversion.

You defientely need to get a blanket on that turbo, that IC pipe will get seriously hot as it is now.

The blanket keeps a huge amount of heat in the housing, even after a hard run you can put your hand on the top of it.

Did you heat wrap the DP too? Wrap is very cheap so there's no reason not too.

Also, if you don't mind loosing some bling, I'd consider wrapping that intake IC pipe too. It's going to get extremely hot there which won't help the charge temp, particularly when sub 40mph.

Congrats on the price, thats a very cheap conversion.

You defientely need to get a blanket on that turbo, that IC pipe will get seriously hot as it is now.

The blanket keeps a huge amount of heat in the housing, even after a hard run you can put your hand on the top of it.

Did you heat wrap the DP too? Wrap is very cheap so there's no reason not too.

Also, if you don't mind loosing some bling, I'd consider wrapping that intake IC pipe too. It's going to get extremely hot there which won't help the charge temp, particularly when sub 40mph.

Good advice homer, i am heatwrapping the downpipe (its not on yet, yet to be made) and i am also heat wrapping the whole intercooler piping as i am not too bothered about bling as long as i get it as efficent as possible. It was a good price because i sourced the parts well over a long period of time and got a good price on everything. Cheers bud.