The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra specific gear/diff ratio and tyre size calculator

Homer

Sorry just looked again, it says 320/705/18 whatever that means, they do measure 27.5" though.

Guessing here, but 705mm = 27.76 inches, so maybe that's what it means.

Anyway, messing about with the calculator to get a 27.5 diameter, gives the figures attached.

5th: 205.2mph

6th: 258.8mph

Jamiep - 27.5in.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Go with the taller tire, and aim to finish in 5th. Not sure on your map/engine setup but get Ryan to tweak it so you can push it to 9k if possible. Even if you get it to 8.5k you'll be well over 200....

You lose out momentum in changing over to 6th gear.

We're going with a 28" tall tire as well. It's the only real option for a competitive mile run.

Guest Cody Phillips

You never know Jamie, if Amir's got the balls to push his engine, I may put it in 6th and spray (which has never been done). Car might warp into another galaxy at that point though LOL.

If it does that I may have to quit racing and pursue my true passion of joining a firm and attending football matches on a regular basis :) :)

• 2 weeks later...
Nice one dude, really am in two minds what wheels to run, as the car will pull sixth i might be better off with the smaller ones, the car don't feel as fast with the big wheels, i guess the gearing is so tall it slows it down.

You will kill the acceleration with those ratios, so will not hit 200 in a mile.

You will kill the acceleration with those ratios, so will not hit 200 in a mile.

It would have done it easy if the car had held together, it hit 191mph in 0.81 of a mile and was accelerating hard.

I would have done it far quicker on a good track, the conditions was terrible and i was getting masses of wheelspin.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

It's saved in Excel 95-2003 format so any near recent Excel viewer should be able to open it. Try grabbing the latest one from MS if you can and let me know if that works. If not I'll try some other options. There aren't any macro's in it, but there are a LOT of formulas, so it could be viewer doesn't like one of those. It wasn't really put together with viewer in mind, but if you can let me give some feedback I'll try and get it working for you.

Please also provide the exact error, e.g. "excel viewer cannot open files of this type of file"?

I cant seem to get this to work on my comp, can anyone tell me what it would be for the following -

7400rpm limit (assuming stock is 6800)

265-40-17 tyres

w58 box

Na LSD

Here you go:

attachment.php?attachmentid=127958&stc=1&d=1299530270

Neil-NA.jpg

It's saved in Excel 95-2003 format so any near recent Excel viewer should be able to open it. Try grabbing the latest one from MS if you can and let me know if that works. If not I'll try some other options. There aren't any macro's in it, but there are a LOT of formulas, so it could be viewer doesn't like one of those. It wasn't really put together with viewer in mind, but if you can let me give some feedback I'll try and get it working for you.

Please also provide the exact error, e.g. "excel viewer cannot open files of this type of file"?

Here you go:i

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=127958&stc=1&d=1299530270

Thanks Homer, I will check in the morning when I'm back at work and let you know whats happenes, tbh I think it may just be user error on my part or not up to date programs.

Thanks for the info, I have updated to version 2010 but that doesn't work either, when I click on 'run', it just dissapears.

Thanks Homer, I will check in the morning when I'm back at work and let you know whats happenes, tbh I think it may just be user error on my part or not up to date programs.

No problem, it could be file associations not being setup correctly. Try downloading it to your drive, right clicking then use "open with" and then select Excel viewer.

I just tried it with the 2010 viewer and it opened okay.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...