The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Unreliability Allegations Regarding AEM ECUs

mawby

So you're a trader then? Your business is to represent promote and sell AEM products.And when others dare to criticise the merits of your products you threaten to go legal on us? Well I've seen threads where you publicly criticise the merits of other products that aren't AEM on this forum.

So to summarise, you're an AEM trader using the forum to promote AEM products. Sell AEM products and have breached forum rules by not registering as a trader when quite clearly you are. If you had have registered, you'd have been gone by now.

You won't be here for much longer imo.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So Dan himself isn't the authorised dealer, Ji Kan is. So is Dan the owner of Ji Kan or is he just speaking on behalf of both Ji Kan and AEM now? I'm betting if someone rang AEM they'd have no knowledge of this, I wonder if "Ji Kan" do.

I represent AEM in Europe through APP and Ji-kan.

Anyone who wishes to contact me can call

someone who cares

regards

Dan Turner

That'll be £500 please for advertising your goods without trader status...

(ps the £500 is a guess)

So Dan himself isn't the authorised dealer, Ji Kan is. So is Dan the owner of Ji Kan or is he just speaking on behalf of both Ji Kan and AEM now? I'm betting if someone rang AEM they'd have no knowledge of this, I wonder if "Ji Kan" do.

Already in progress, I'm going to give AEM a call when the US wake up and have a word and see what the OFFICIAL AEM take is on it. As I have said publically, if I'm not happy with the response then I will walk away from ever considering one of their products, whether or not they will give a damn is up to them.

It is my personal opinion that this guy may well be a muppet.

As I live in Northants, these guys were on my short list to map my car, but after reading toquicktostop's story and seeing how Dan carries out his business...nah. Shame really as they could have been part of the story of the first uk supercharged Supra.

It is my personal opinion that this guy may well be a muppet.

As I live in Northants, these guys were on my short list to map my car, but after reading toquicktostop's story and seeing how Dan carries out his business...nah. Shame really as they could have been part of the story of the first uk supercharged Supra.

Let's use an E-Manage instead, it'll run it just fine.

Oh hang on:

"As I'm sure many of you are aware the EManage ultimate displays an unstable nature especially the early released versions. I have removed so many EUs and blues from cars over the last few years (Ever wondered why there are so many second hand ones available)"

Cripes, an unfounded slag-off of an ECU product! Who would commit such an act!

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showpost.php?p=1147047&postcount=22

Oh :blink: How strange.

And wasn't that the exact same unit I then tested in my own car for MaveriK and it ran it perfectly for a week? Oh yes it was.

I did however see the map that MaveriK paid Dan for. Anyone who is interested can have a looksee at it but I wouldn't recommend trying to run a car off it.

-Ian

He works out of Ji-Kan Lewis.

I know ;)

Whilst Ji-Kan may be listed as a dealer, this entitles them to sell and promote the goods. If Dan was in a position to fight legally then he would be an employee of AEM o represent their legal team in the UK. Whilst he may be a mapper and he may be affiliated with Ji-Kan who are in turn affiliated with AEM......it means jack shit (as I am sure you will know Doug).

It's besides the point as he has dug his own grave regarding tradership and therefore will be struck from the member list no doubt.

I vote with ban the word AEM from the forum in an equally petty display of toy throwing! :D

I second that. 'If' a product is giving problems then respond to the problem, threatening legal action just makes you and the company look arses and it might seem to some that you have something to hide?

Well out of order and has smeared the name further rather than protecting it, not a very good move IMO :p

Already in progress, I'm going to give AEM a call when the US wake up and have a word and see what the OFFICIAL AEM take is on it. As I have said publically, if I'm not happy with the response then I will walk away from ever considering one of their products, whether or not they will give a damn is up to them.

Any luck with this?

JiKan is a trader on here?? When was there last trader survey?? I dont remember it.

After having read all these threads, I dont recall any person saying that the problem was the AEM ECU, I BELIEVE they all said that the problem was the muppet pressing the buttons... that be you!

Anyone selling LINK ECUs should probably increase their prices right about now.

my opinion is that its pathetic. If somone claimed that a product was faulty or not fit for purpose the company/individual should seek to resolve the issue or prove that the product is functioning as described.

Threataning legal action is cheap scare mongering and only serves to harm thier reputation and consumer confidence in thier product.

Let's use an E-Manage instead, it'll run it just fine.

Oh hang on:

"As I'm sure many of you are aware the EManage ultimate displays an unstable nature especially the early released versions. I have removed so many EUs and blues from cars over the last few years (Ever wondered why there are so many second hand ones available)"

Cripes, an unfounded slag-off of an ECU product! Who would commit such an act!

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showpost.php?p=1147047&postcount=22

Oh :blink: How strange.

And wasn't that the exact same unit I then tested in my own car for MaveriK and it ran it perfectly for a week? Oh yes it was.

I did however see the map that MaveriK paid Dan for. Anyone who is interested can have a looksee at it but I wouldn't recommend trying to run a car off it.

-Ian

I'm glad you posted this up Ian - I was going to link to that very same thread.

Personally I was about to "upgrade" my Emanage Ultimate to an AEM but if Dan Turner is an example of an approved AEM dealer and/or representative (and going on recent actions/attitude) I'm inclined not to bother.

I'm intrigued to see what Phoenix-One turns up and will then make my decision.

Also will Dan be charged for trader membership retrospectively now?

i do not get it ... Is he threating legal action, because someone said that AEM sucks or he screwed up some job, blown customers engine and customer dared to say this on our forum?

If it is because of no. 1 - well, it is my personal opinion, AEM sux because of crap logo - sue me :rlol:

If it is because of no. 2 - just get rid of this guy from our forums, AEM cannot be responsible for what some guy is doing using their equipment , I could blow up anything including metal ball, if I would try long enough. Again, sue my ass, sad moron.

It was my personal opinion.

PS. why on earth mods dealing with this kind of people? Just ban this guy, ban his IP, do not allow him on this forum anymore!

What a great way to loose customers just because someone is critisizing his job lol!

It is indeed an unfortunate situation when we may have to severely limit any discussions around AEMs, but if thats how they wish to play it. Perhaps they might like to google "mkiv supra aem" and see how many of the first 5 links actually come back to this forum....
Well the first result certainly does. :innocent:

supra aem

Are we not to discuss the reliability of ANY AEM products or could we still potentially discuss the reliability of something like their CDI ignition systems?

Their ECU and their CDI system are two things I was considering purchasing but I may just stick with the DLI and EMU if I can't bug people here for reliability info on AEM products..