The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Glanza_Mike's Clean White VVTI Supra Project!

Glanza_Mike

Hey!

Just thought i would start this to keep track of my progress with my new Supra :) I've owned it for roughly 6 weeks now i picked her up from Jurgen at JM-Imports on the 5th July and was a very happy man driving her home :)

It's a fresh import 1998 Twin-Turbo Tiptronic in white (absolutely had to be white :D) it was a grade 4 so it's in pretty good condition and the paint is still looking really fresh. I actually think it's had a blow over at some point in the original colour because the paint is truly excellent for a 16 year old car. Here's a few pics of the car when i went to pick her up:

All nice and clean and ready for a few tweaks :) Before i had even been to collect the car i had bought a few parts, i knew i wanted to remove the rear spats and the side skirts and go back to stock body so i bought the side pods and side trims all body colour coded white and also bought an Amuse R1000 Titanium exhaust! Which sounds absolutely bloody lovely :)

I'm a bit of a clean freak with cars so i set to work straight away on cleaning up my already clean car :D Started under the bonnet:

Before:

After:

Before:

During:

I actually forgot to get one after but i may get one soon to compare, but you get the idea :)

Cleaned up the headlights:

Edited by Glanza_Mike (see edit history)

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately after i removed the spats i found out that they were stuck on with something called Tiger seal!! :( After searching the internet for hours on how to get it off i basically found out most people sarcastically recommend a chainsaw and prayer. I spoke to Jurgen and he said they've had it a few times before and with a lot of patience you can get it off with a heatgun and panel wipes! Well.........it does come off, but it took soooooo long :( i'm glad that's behind me now! Anyway, here are some pictures:

Tiger seal before :( :

Can also see the titanium exhaust fitted in that one^^ :cool:

FU Tiger seal:

After side skirt removal:

Clean :) :

Since then i cleaned up and sanded/polished the side lights as they were pretty dull and also this fitted lovely brake master cylinder that i got from Provokedesigns.co.uk, i saw a link from a guy on this forum and the brake stopper was much cheaper than the cusco ones so i went for it, and i was really pleased :) Fitted perfectly.

I've also done a few more things but that's all i have time for now so i'll post about the other things later on :) Cheers

Looks mint that matey I wanted a white one originally but couldn't find one so settled for red

:) Cheers mate

looks mint mate ;-)

i have sent you something in the post aswell ;-)

Really?! I hope it's something good! :D

Nice work, looks lovely and clean.

Cheers mate, white ones are the best huh :D

Really nice a clean, just how a supra should be

:) CHeers mate, i'll try and keep it that way!

Welcome to the White VVTi club :D

Looks like a lovely example and nice work already done by yourself!

What advantage does the brake stopper have? (sorry if it is a silly question).

Thanks! the brake stopper stops the bulkhead from flexing under braking and therefor the brake master cylinder from moving when u press down the brake pedal, it's supposed to increase pedal feel and for me it certainly did :)

Nice looking example and well done on persevering with taking off the spats and skirts and getting the seal off.

Cheers, it was an absolute nightmare getting them off i reckon it took me a good solid 8-10 hours work from start to finish but it's worth it now :)

Looking good Mike, I appreciate your OCD ;)

:D

Was pretty mint, now it's MINT :D good work Mike :cool: I'm sure you were worried when you saw the state of the panels under the spats.

You got a link for the stopper?

Yeah i was really worried tbh mate! Even more so when i tried several methods to remove the stuff and none of them even touched it! :(

Yeah sure, i got the brake stopper from here: http://www.provokedesigns.co.uk/

Best price i could find for a brake stopper and it looks nice and clean with it's black and white styling imo.

I do love a good engine bay clean.....feels very satisfying once done. Keep up the good work Mike!

Haha it does indeed! I still have lot's of places to clean it's not mint yet but it's on it's way at least :)

Amazing Supra and great motivation for my white UK spec! :notworthy

:) cheers mate!

They say once you go black you never go back.... Well I went black and went straight back to white again :thumbs:

Haha, it had to be a white one for me tbh, i wouldn't have had any other colour! Although since getting this i do also like the look of the blue ones i think that's a lovely colour.

My wheels and Tyres arrived yesterday!! :D Off for a trial fitting at my Dads house soon without tyres to see if they will fit :rolleyes: Front arches might need some heavy modification, they look bloody amazing though :eyebrows:

• 3 months later...

It's been quite some time since my last update so i thought i'm bump this baby back up again as i went out and grabbed some pics of her this morning and i've also done plenty to the car since last time :)

Last time i updated i think the car was pretty stock, since then I've added:

- 19" Varrstoen ES2 wheels wrapped in Kuhmo Ecsta le sport rubber

- Meister R, Zeta R coilovers

- HEL performance braided brake lines

- ATE Super blue fluid

- Defi boost gauge in place of the clock

- Double de-cat (it's running 1bar or just short of 1bar)

- RMM front lip

And then going on this week i have:

- TRD half carbon rear spoiler

- Evo 8 recaros fitted with JohnD's seat frames

I also have a front mount intercooler i bought off KaanW but i'll probably wait until next year to fit that now, too bloody cold to be rolling around on the floor :D

And now for a few pics that i took this morning :) I played around with a fantastic photo editor i found online, highly recommended it's called: BeFunky. Really easy and fast to completely transform your pics. :)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t31.0-8/1490810_10152859490364176_396875301326542248_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t31.0-8/10333270_10152859491809176_8617861728434021500_o.jpg

https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t31.0-8/10368985_10152859490944176_2894349437559656819_o.jpg

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t31.0-8/10497096_10152859492844176_4611283282327417735_o.jpg

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t31.0-8/1400402_10152859493229176_6435093145088330334_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t31.0-8/10655300_10152859492629176_6962436175819251122_o.jpg

Also since my last update i entered my first ever bodybuilding show, i know it's a bit off topic but i was really pleased with myself as i lost about 4 stone of weight to get lean enough to do it over 5 months and i ended up winning the show from a collection of 21 guys :cool: Quick pic:

Winning that show got me through into the British finals in Nottingham which was held 3 weeks later, in between the 2 shows i lost another 8 lbs but came in looking too lean if anything, kinda bony and my muscles didn't look full :( There was also 35 guys in my class and a much higher standard with lot's of professional models and guys you see on the front pages of magazines so not too bothered that i didn't make top 6 second time around. Still very proud of my achievement :D

Edited by Glanza_Mike (see edit history)

Well done with your UKBFF result mate. It can take over your life tho... But bodybuilding never stops once you have made that connection

Cheers mate, and yeah it never stops, part of my life now and i love it :) wouldn't have it any other way tbh.

The Sup is looking great Mike, great work. Excellent news on the BB front also :thumbs:

Cheers mate :)

wow mike supra is looking fantastic mate (hope you and your dad are well)

Cheers Jurgen, we're both fine thanks mate, he's thinking of selling a few of his cars actually :O

the car looks well Mike, i was going to say so do you but that would be ghey :p

Haha, i wouldn't have minded tho.... :blush:

Great looking car :cool: Wheel colour is a bit marmite though :D

Haha, thanks mate, yeah i realize the wheels aren't going to be to everyone's taste, i'm actually thinking of getting them re-done like the LE37's, gold centres and polished lip. But we'll see......

Took the spoiler off this morning in preparation for fitment of carbon TRD :cool: I quite like it spoilerless actually:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t31.0-8/10750151_10152861844239176_288198657099414296_o.jpg