The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ISF 8 speed progress?

el_bandido

Just thought I'd stick this up as a post so others could see the response, but did the ISF/8 speed thing ever happen? Last I remember you saying was that a kit had yet to be made to get the Syvecs working on it.

Hi yes will have an update on it at the end of the month hopfully

Kit is all sorted just doing the control side still to get it to drive smoothly

As soon as I have news I will update the threads with the info.

• 3 weeks later...
Nice one, thanks Lee. Does this mean there has been some progress on a Syvecs kit for the IS-F...

Unfortunately not as they were unwilling to do it, I did try to get that as Think it would be a great addition to the ISF and much needed.

Ryan just doesn’t have the time to work on it, which is a shame.

• 4 weeks later...

The IS-F never came with a 6 speed. The IS250 came with the A960e 6 speed which is not famed for its strength; the IS350 A760e would probably suffice as a 6 speed auto, which shares the valve body activation of the A960e, but has slightly different clutch activation. I suspect the clutch packs in the A760e are stronger, but don't have any proof. As I have an IS250, I'd also say that there is A LOT of room for improvement on shift times, essentially it acts as a limiter for the gearbox so when you shift up it sometimes takes a long time to change gear; or in a similar manner, if you boot it, the gearbox will kick down without you telling it to and only go back up as far as the gear you've got selected. Not bad for lazy driving but it isn't a performance box by any means. I suspect the AA80e (IS-F 8 speed) does something similar on the standard Lexus programming.

• 4 months later...
Hi yes will have an update on it at the end of the month hopfully

Kit is all sorted just doing the control side still to get it to drive smoothly

As soon as I have news I will update the threads with the info.

Any news Lee? Am I correct in thinking you can't do anything with the GR v6 engines or UR v8's until Ryan has decided to do a kit for them?

The car now has DBW so moving onto the next stage

We are using Motec so could develop other kits now depending how different the canbus data is

Lee, I would be incredibly interested if you could get the Lexus V6 engines working on a stand alone out of all this IS-F research, for two reasons: 1) I'd like to tune my IS250 and 2) the V6 + 8 speed combo would be an absolute weapon in a Supra. They're rear sump, light, chain driven, and bolt to the 8 speed auto and 6 speed manual; there are a lot of cheap crash damaged GS300's around these days, so the 3GR-FSE is getting cheap. Have you had any luck with the D4-S on the IS-F? A guy called Ray Hall in Australia (or possibly NZ) used the 3GR on a stand alone in a GT86, but he never managed to get the direct injection part of the D4-S. working.

Glad theres more progress on this, it sound like the perfect combo for a 2JZ

- - - Updated - - -

Glad theres more progress on this, it sound like the perfect combo for a 2JZ

I reckon it would sit well with a lightly tuned 1jz vvti to be honest, 8 gears and the 3.7 diff would make excellent use of the 1JZ vvti power band.

• 3 months later...