The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Wheel Hub Sensors

ARPUS

I need 4 new wheel hub sensors and they're no longer available from Toyota and our club traders don't have any either.

Is there a cross-over part from another make/model that fits the Supra and if so, can you give me details please ?

Thank you, ARPUS ( Steve )

Are you referring to the abs sensors if so they are still available srd supplied and fitted mine

/QUOTE]

I'm not technically minded ripped_fear.

The garage working on my car, told me about the sensors.

I'll contact them and get more details.

My car is a UK spec auto, if that helps.

Thanks for your advice.

I'm not technically minded ripped_fear.

The garage working on my car, told me about the sensors.

I'll contact them and get more details.

My car is a UK spec auto, if that helps.

Thanks for your advice.

They are ABS sensors ripped_fear and Lee at SRD has got them, as you said.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Steve

These guys are pretty good at tracking down hard to find parts at a decent price if there are any remaining in the official supply chain. They ship US Mail though so it usually takes up to two weeks for parts to arrive and then there is the RM handling charge (£15) plus duty payment (4%) to consider.

Rock Auto is showing available stock on the front pair of sensors.

There are a few people here with spare sensors so if you plead with an attractive offer then someone may be prepared to part with their precious spares.

There are a few people here with spare sensors so if you plead with an attractive offer then someone may be prepared to part with their precious spares.

This is an issue! let me mull it over, why do you need all 4? Is it just that you want to refresh all at once? It's just that I've a feeling this is one of those parts that selling may bite me on the arse down the line.

89545-14020 Rear RH

89546-14020 Rear LH

On Amayama these 2 come up at £175, so you could possibly try them, there is a get a quote option so they come back to you re availability after 48 hrs or so, so no harm in trying?

This is an issue! let me mull it over, why do you need all 4? Is it just that you want to refresh all at once? It's just that I've a feeling this is one of those parts that selling may bite me on the arse down the line.

All 4 sensors broke when the hubs were being restored Scooter.

I understand this often happens, as they are very brittle.

Are your sensors new, or used and would you be interested in selling them? ( price ?)

I've spent thousand of pounds on my car recently and the sensors are the only thing preventing the garage returning my car to me.

I'm going to post a story with photos when I get the car back, as I know most club members like that kind of thing.

The pre facelifts are discontinued and facelifts are available. Difference is the bracket that was metal is now plastic. Iirc.

Chris Wilson just emailed me and said the same as you evinX.

Do you or any other member, know that they fit?

He said the post facelift sensors have a different part number and should fit, but that I should check whether they do, with club members.

Does anyone know the 4 different part numbers?

I did have a look at others that were on ebay. I did order a prius one which was pretty darn close the being the same, and only about £15. The tip of the sensor was a mm or more further back than the supra one. I could have filed the plastic bracket down that would have brought it to the same distance, but reduced the strength on it.

If someone has access to a good variety of Toyota options I am sure we could find a replacement that is a fraction of the cost of dedicated Supra ones.

Fortunately I did my wheel bearings without breaking any of the sensors so stuck with my originals and sent the prius one back.

I think the soarer abs sensors will work , any differences will be in the loom mounting clips/rubbers but not rocket science to adapt - these are plentiful used in the USA due to the sc300/400 models there , usually around the £30 mark used and £200 mark new - low weight and Jiffy bag postage should not cost that much to ship to UK - if people get stuck locating them in uk

I think the soarer abs sensors will work , any differences will be in the loom mounting clips/rubbers but not rocket science to adapt - these are plentiful used in the USA due to the sc300/400 models there , usually around the £30 mark used and £200 mark new - low weight and Jiffy bag postage should not cost that much to ship to UK - if people get stuck locating them in uk

I knew I'd read that somewhere! But kept doubting myself. Thanks Jagman :thumbs: hopefully I'll remember for the future lol

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you Keron, for supplying the four Wheel Hub ABS Sensors.

Steve

He's a good'un Keron, tough work getting them out intact, bet he was cursing you that day lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.