The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Black or White Genuine TT6 - 30k Budget - Nothing OTT

tayr

Hi All,

Started the quest overseas to import a manual TT6 however prices are crazy right now and all the dealers are buying them up i guess to hold onto them for the states?

On the off-chance someone is selling up soon over here i thought i'd ask.

Preferably black facelift or at least has facelift parts on it. I did look at a stunning white one a couple weeks ago but unfortunately had to walk away.

No conversions must be original colour and original 6 speed dont mind tasteful mods. Must be accident free in the UK and Japan

30k budget

Thanks

Taylor

So you don't want to pay crazy money that the cars are now realising in Japan?

I think you are seeking a no chance opportunity that someone wants to part with their black stock TT6 cheaply. Prices are now on a par importing to domestic retail commensurate with condition and mileage in the UK and Japan. You'll need to wait a while till Japanese prices overtake UK prices to realise a home market saving by which time the cars will likely be 30% more expensive anyway.

So you don't want to pay crazy money that the cars are now realising in Japan?

I think you are seeking a no chance opportunity that someone wants to part with their black stock TT6 cheaply. Prices are now on a par importing to domestic retail commensurate with condition and mileage in the UK and Japan. You'll need to wait a while till Japanese prices overtake UK prices to realise a home market saving by which time the cars will likely be 30% more expensive anyway.

Japan prices have already overtaken UK prices imo. a red 93 with 100km in average condition just sold for the equiv of 42k to UK

30k max for right car

It might be worth your while adding that to the title of this thread to tempt any members that see it. I wouldn’t get your hopes up though.

As you have found out the expense of buying and importing these cars has increased somewhat and members know to get the example they now own is going to cost them considerably more should they wish to return to the marque.

Good luck with your search :thumbs:

Also, any reason you have written off the auto?

It might be worth your while adding that to the title of this thread to tempt any members that see it. I wouldn’t get your hopes up though.

As you have found out the expense of buying and importing these cars has increased somewhat and members know to get the example they now own is going to cost them considerably more should they wish to return to the marque.

Good luck with your search :thumbs:

Also, any reason you have written off the auto?

Good idea - i'll do that. I know it's not going to be an easy task but if you don't ask then you'll never know the answer!

My current car is semi auto and every time i jump back into a manual car i do miss the engagement it gives you

Good idea - i'll do that. I know it's not going to be an easy task but if you don't ask then you'll never know the answer!

My current car is semi auto and every time i jump back into a manual car i do miss the engagement it gives you

I meant add the price into the thread title. If you click edit, then click on go advanced, you can do it there. :thumbs:

Driver involvement/engagement?! It’s a GT car, they were made to be auto and everybody knows autos are quicker! :D

Get to one of your local meets and get out in a manual and auto would be my advice. The auto or later tiptronic cars aren’t like your everyday autos.

The manual is very agricultural (clunky) despite what people will tell you and then there is a lack of parts should something go wrong.

that is absolutely gorgeous tbf! i think thats the tricky part, knowing who is reputable and who isn't!

Reputable importers Torque GT, HJA and you could try JM Imports.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Purchased this last year from a member on here.

Turned out to be a bit of a lemon.

Has since had literally ££££’s spent putting it right.

Huge spec and many new parts.

95% complete now but lost all interest in it.

Message me if interested

https://jza80.mkivsupra.net/imports/2018/10/228.jpg

https://jza80.mkivsupra.net/imports/2018/10/229.jpg

Purchased this last year from a member on here.

Turned out to be a bit of a lemon.

Has since had literally ££££’s spent putting it right.

Huge spec and many new parts.

95% complete now but lost all interest in it.

Message me if interested

Sorry mate really looking for something all up together with a relatively clean and clear history