The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Guide and Model Differences Chart

mawby

Guest Newschooler

Something I'd like to understand.

The NA supra is actually a j-spec car? Then why can we see alot of NA supras that are left hand drive???

Also what is the diameter of the discs on the NA one.

I'd like to get a more complete technical specs list on the supra.

Good job tho, I've learned alot.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The NA supra is actually a j-spec car?
Well the NA was never sold in the UK. All the NAs in the UK were imported from Japan and are JDM spec. I don't know about the NAs in North America, maybe the NA was an official model over there?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dive-inme

Hi guys, I am just a little confused with

the Aerotop thing, i mean parently all of them

are autos, if anyone remember from FAST AND FURIOUS

the orange Aerotop Supra was Manual ????::blink:

Also is it possible to change the tranmission from Auto to Manual

if yes then how much are we talking in US DOLLARS ?

Supra Fan..

:rolleyes: u can change it over hear is some parts u will need The Parts.

To do this swap, you'll need a few parts:

Transmission

clutch disk

flywheel

pressure plate

pilot bearing

throwout bearing

shifter

inner/outer boots

clutch cylinder

clutch lines

slave cylinder

power train frame

speedo cable

i dunno the cost sorry

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a na from Jap. Excellent review. I wanted a TT but now I'm happy with what I got. Question. How much will it cost me to get rid of the horrible 'fog light' and get the fogs to be part of main lights? How much to have an 'English' dash board and to derestrict from the snail top speed (112mph).

Thanx Guys

XID :)

• 5 weeks later...
Guest iikun

Here is another similar link to Supra info, this is a car catalogue put together by a Japanese company called 'Goo'. Has a lot of hard to find info, plus interesting stuff like original factory prices, gas mileage etc. All in Japanese, but if you put the URL into a translator like Altavista then most of it comes out fine (if u can ignore the strange spelling some of the time)

http://www.goo-net.com/catalog/TOYOTA/SUPRA/index.html

Also, Im in agreement with Lust2luv, my SZ-R also has elect. mirrors..possibly its factory stnd?

A lot of people on this forum seem to mistakenly think SZ-R is a base model, but 'R' usually designates some kind of performance model for Japanese cars. eg. Integra type-R, Silvia Spec R, Skyline GT-R, RX-7 type R. Supra SZ-R is the same, thats why it has Bilstein sus, LSD, etc. Also, I believe that there was no SZ-R aero-top, at least not in Japan anyway.

If anyone is interested I also have Toyotas list of recommended wheel sizes & offsets for the Supra. Is only for factory suspension tho of course...if you lower it sizes will change. Email me & I can send it to you.

• 4 weeks later...
Here is another similar link to Supra info, this is a car catalogue put together by a Japanese company called 'Goo'. Has a lot of hard to find info, plus interesting stuff like original factory prices, gas mileage etc. All in Japanese, but if you put the URL into a translator like Altavista then most of it comes out fine (if u can ignore the strange spelling some of the time)

http://www.goo-net.com/catalog/TOYOTA/SUPRA/index.html

Also, Im in agreement with Lust2luv, my SZ-R also has elect. mirrors..possibly its factory stnd?

A lot of people on this forum seem to mistakenly think SZ-R is a base model, but 'R' usually designates some kind of performance model for Japanese cars. eg. Integra type-R, Silvia Spec R, Skyline GT-R, RX-7 type R. Supra SZ-R is the same, thats why it has Bilstein sus, LSD, etc. Also, I believe that there was no SZ-R aero-top, at least not in Japan anyway.

If anyone is interested I also have Toyotas list of recommended wheel sizes & offsets for the Supra. Is only for factory suspension tho of course...if you lower it sizes will change. Email me & I can send it to you.

That's an interesting site, although the text is difficult to read when translated and makes it hard to see the actual changes from year to year, but it does confirm some dates we thought (facelift cars in April 1996, but no vvti by then).

Do you read Japanese iikun?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

i'm a newbie so please don't laugh. what does jza80 stand for and ma71 stand for? I have searched but couldn't find. Also is vvti better? what are the pros and cons?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...