The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Turbo Kit for sale on Fleabay

Nathanj1142

Hi all,

Noticed a turbo kit for sale on ebay, includes everything. I am aware the turbo is a cheap 'spooly boi', just wondered if anyone had any info/opinions on it? Would be interested in buying even if i should replace the turbo just don't really know if the other parts would amount to the asking price (1680) (Also includes Greddy Emanuage). Seems to be a t3 flange so don't think its the XS power kit as i thought that was t4 :rolleyes:.

Thanks!

Nathan.

Got a link to it?

People tend to be fairly satisfied with the kits nowadays to be honest with what they are for the money. The only items that people tend to recommend replacing are the turbo oil lines and the wastegate as they're junk. If either fails, you'll have a fire or an expensive rebuild on your hands.

It would be extra handy if you knew a shop/garage for odds and sods jobs. Things like the manifold flanges can be a bit warped and need the faces leveled out so that they seal against the block/turbo. The cheaper manifolds tend to have a 4 stud wastegate flange as well for some strange reason. Would probably need that cut off and a v-band flange welded on if you're going for a reputable wastegate.

If it is mainly chinese crap in that kit I would go with the old saying ''buy cheap, pay twice''

Got a friend running that turbo and said it’s all good. Would just replace the feed lines and stuff. Just strange as to why he isn’t responding to a simple question: ‘does the shaft wobble’.

Got a friend running that turbo and said it’s all good. Would just replace the feed lines and stuff. Just strange as to why he isn’t responding to a simple question: ‘does the shaft wobble’.

/QUOTE]

If he's bunged the price up and not answering questions within a reasonable time, move on.

Update for anyone interested: spoke to the guy and apparently eBay kept knocking the price down automatically and he didn’t have access to his account so wasn’t aware??? Said it came off a car that was na-t but going to be sold stock and the kit is priced to sell as he bought for 2.5k but hasn’t got time to fit to his own car as he has other projects???

Personally going to give it a miss as I won’t be fitting to my car straight away anyway so may aswell wait and try and source parts by themselves.

Thanks for replies all.