The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cheap flip up head units

Dnk

I have the 9200dab in both my Supras and it's an awesome unit. If you want quality, Pioneer is light years ahead of the game at the moment.

Doesn't tell me how crap the units are for sub £100 though, are they really that bad ?

They're knock-offs, so they'll inherently suffer from the usual; random freezing and laggy menus, failing motors, poor screen resolution and poor sound quality. When it comes to head units, you really do get what you pay for.

Knock offs ?

The 7200dab unit you are contemplating is a truly fabulous bit of kit, you will really struggle to get any better than it for under £1000... does it need to be a single DIN unit? There are some really good deals to be had on some of the high-end double DIN units at the moment.

Yes it has to be a single DIN job

Got the Pioneer DEH X8700DAB in at the moment which is very good

IMG_3642 - Copy.JPG

I'd probably go for the 7200dab, personally. Nice motor btw. :thumbs:

If i get one the 7200dab is the one i'll go for, i've got an exhaust to fund first though and that's going to be a

bit painful as it's a custom made job, everything off the shelf is junk.

Thanks, if you like classic Range Rovers its not too bad :)

IMG_3647.JPG

If i get one the 7200dab is the one i'll go for, i've got an exhaust to fund first though and that's going to be a

bit painful as it's a custom made job, everything off the shelf is junk.

Thanks, if you like classic Range Rovers its not too bad :)

That is lovely. The paintwork looks immaculate, I am slightly jealous...

That is lovely. The paintwork looks immaculate, I am slightly jealous...

Its okay, both sides need painting really, the bad areas don't show up in the photos but all the usual spots at the ends

of the waist seals on the doors

The cosmetics is the last thing to do to it which i haven't got round to doing

Well, whatever you're doing seems to be working; it looks fabulous! How's the ride?

I've got a good mate who works locally in a small car repair body shop and the owner lets him do

work there in his own time, he painted the bonnet, deck panel and lower tailgate for me then mopped

everything bar the roof.

Here's my restoration thread

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?297402-Range-Rover-restoration

Its on the original EAS system but with new bags from Dunlop, its polybushed with stiffer roll bars and drives

really well, doesn't roll about like the earlier coil sprung versions, its only a tarmac queen so doesn't

need to be so floppy for off roading

That's not too bad at all actually... I only get 25mpg in the Supra.

On a good long run i squeezed 30 mpg out my UK spec but that was really trying and on clear auto route in Europe

The Range isn't too bad for shape that it is :)

On a good long run i squeezed 30 mpg out my UK spec but that was really trying and on clear auto route in Europe

The Range isn't too bad for shape that it is :)

Is it a TT auto or is it a 6 speed? I was referring to my stock 6 speed TT. The best I've had out of it is 25mpg combined, which isn't too bad to be honest considering my last car was 18 years younger and it seldom broke past the 25mpg mark on the motorway!

19mpg in a classic Range Rover is phenomenal... what are the specifications of the engine?

How long have you had it, or have you had it from new? Also, why did you rebuild the engine, was it knackered or did you just want to refresh it?

I must make some time to go through your restoration thread as I suspect most, if not all, the answers to my questions will be contained therein!

The original 3.9 was really in need of a full rebuild, i was offered the 4.6 so bit the bullet, it fitted

in with everything else that had been restored.

Skim through the photo's and it pretty much shows what we did, stripped back to a bare chassis and re built.

I've had it 7 years and bought it as a project to restore but the budget went out the window a long time ago