The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Adding MKV’s to the club

mplavery

Is this club going to tailor for MKV’s ?

Looks like a few are already purchased some on here and think it would be good to see the updates on them

Lee P been doing some updates on his MKV

Quickly popped into my local Toyota dealer today back from shopping and was really impressed how they look

Looked a little more cramped inside but looked fantastic

Definitely be having one on the future

Edited by mplavery (see edit history)

I actually liked it in real life, SRD, Whifbitz have got one, Suprafoums have welcomed the MK5 and i think...we should to :cool:

https://i.postimg.cc/N0rJsnP3/20190813-122524.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/pTb0pBwp/20190813-122602.jpg

Same colour I seen today, stunning it was

What you using to upload images now? Everything I use wants me to pay now

I welcome anyone really, but I see another potential for na vs tt snipeness, but hey we're all adults here right!? :sly: :D

But thats just been part of the forum life since day one, letting the TT lads know that the NA is higher compression and still more bulletproof than a TT engine...haha

Spot on ! Cheers mate

No probs, but the one you saw was different to the one i saw, i saw 1 of the 25 GRs in satin grey with different wheels and a red interior, think the one you saw is going to be the mainstream model and its shiney to :cool: i do bloody like the mk5, when they drop in price ill be able to reitre my mk4

I'd rather hang myself than concede that the "MKV" is a real Supra.

Agree. This just shows you can slap a new body and badge on anything and people will lap it up. bad for the consumer all around really as we will continue to get lazy products with badges of classics slapped on them.

I'd rather hang myself than concede that the "MKV" is a real Supra.

You enjoy your 6-speed box in your Supra do ya ??????

To be honest I’m bored with the whole Toyota / BMW debate

Of it wasn’t for BMW there wouldn’t not be a new Supra..

I’m a simple man.I enjoy cars.. I like Supra’s, I like to see more Supra’s

I can see in the future a bunch of old moaning men in there 70’s shouting out “it’s not a real Supra !” Still lol just like what you see in classic car meets

I can see in the future a bunch of old moaning men in there 70’s shouting out “it’s not a real Supra !” Still lol just like what you see in classic car meets

If it wasn’t for BMW?

If that’s the case then they shouldn’t have bothered

I say this forum needs separate sections for all models of supra Mk1, 2, 3, 4, & 5

The audi rs site does this as well as the Celica club and both are doing well.

This!

I don’t see the problem, Toyota teamed up with Subaru to make the GT86 and it’s one of the best handling sports car money can buy.

Lots of manufacturers team up with each other to make cars, it’s nothing new.

I personally like the MKV and can’t wait to see further progress with it.

The GT86 was called a spiritual successor to Toyota’s first MR2 but they didn't call it an MR2. Therein lies the rub. This car has been produced by BMW and Toyota have clearly done as little as possible to make this car any different from the hairdressers soft top BMW sell. They have done little more than slap a new, old style badge on the car and made it a hardtop.

The proof can be seen with recent part failures, failing with known BMW issues. Then there is the BMW recall on seven MKV's due to bad welds on seatbelt mounts. So bad it is rumoured a repair is out of the question. The cars are supposed to be scrapped and the customers given new vehicles. Clearly Toyota reliability and high standards are a thing of the past.

By all means produce the car in a joint venture. But when the linage of the MKIV and it's predecessors can be traced back to the 2000GT don't use the Supra name to sell it. Call it something different.

The MKV is as much as Supra as Bruce Jenner is a woman.

Edited by Frank Bullitt
Spelling. (see edit history)