The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra MkV launch and updates thread

Branners

• 2 weeks later...

11.4 with ecu tune and downpipe , 0-60 3.75secs that's quick they reckon it will be in the 10s within a month :blink:

I can't see Toyota being happy Toyota dealer asking 40k more than the msrp https://www.hotcars.com/toyota-dealer-lists-new-supra-for-40000-above-msrp/

Ones over here already fetching 70k new whoever put down for one of the first release made a tidy profit !

11.4 with ecu tune and downpipe , 0-60 3.75secs that's quick they reckon it will be in the 10s within a month :blink:

I can't see Toyota being happy Toyota dealer asking 40k more than the msrp https://www.hotcars.com/toyota-dealer-lists-new-supra-for-40000-above-msrp/

Ones over here already fetching 70k new whoever put down for one of the first release made a tidy profit !

That’s if they sell

A quick Google search shows tuned, down pipe, 100 octane, E85 plus the down hill 1/4 mile strip.

Nice to see a modern car performing this well.

That Dragy plot shows it actually slopes up slightly towards the end. Under 1% though so Dragy counts it as valid.

On the tear down video the fact the cylinder head has the 6 exhaust ports to 2 bit built in to it will limit things a bit won't it? or make egt's an issue earlier than they otherwise might......not stating this as fact but the external log 6 - 2 2jzgte manifold is seen as a restriction/binned on upgrades?

Are those 1/4mile times believeable?
If you look at ams performance and real street both well known reputable tuners they are already in low 11s and the guy from real street in their video said 100% the car will be in the 10s within a month so yea I don’t think it’s fake, going to be interesting when they try the next size up turbo from stock which is on the cards next

If you look at ams performance and real street both well known reputable tuners they are already in low 11s and the guy from real street in their video said 100% the car will be in the 10s within a month so yea I don’t think it’s fake, going to be interesting when they try the next size up turbo from stock which is on the cards next

Not sure why anyone is surprised, the M140i was already running those times with a remap and this is basically the same platform.

You merely need to follow ANY B58 platform to see what this car will do so there’s nothing new to come i suspect

On the tear down video the fact the cylinder head has the 6 exhaust ports to 2 bit built in to it will limit things a bit won't it? or make egt's an issue earlier than they otherwise might......not stating this as fact but the external log 6 - 2 2jzgte manifold is seen as a restriction/binned on upgrades?

There is already a single turbo manifold available!

68784527_10156863664772620_2469572922088357888_n.jpg