The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Code 34 Issue

Hoppy

Hi Chaps

I have a code 34 fault (Turbo Pressure Malfunction) that has recently appeared.

So i reset my ECU and performed the TRUE TWIN TURBO MOD to check if my VSV valves were at fault.But i still got the fault code 34 after performing this mod so i don't think the VSV valves are the problem.

Has anyone else had this issue and any ideas on what else could be causing this code 34 error???

Cheers

Steve

I think it's very rare they go wrong isn't it?, try giving the plunger thingy a tug with some pliers and make sure its not sticking, It should spring back in once you let go.

Other than that I'm not too sure, PM Chris Wilson, he gives good advice on this type of thing.

Good thinking Batman!! i will check the actuator as you suggested and if it seems ok i will pm Mr Wilson for some advice.

Thanks for the help mate:thumbs:

Chris has "no PMs please" in his signature so I wouldn't bother with that :)

Are you boosting above 1bar regularly? Are you BPU? Do you hit fuel cut?

-Ian

Hi Ian

My car is running BPU and hitting 1.2 bar but with the second cat still fitted + no restrictor ring.I removed the restrictor ring a while back as i could only achieve 0.9 bar with it fitted.Although i have never seen my boost gauge show a reading of more than 1.2 bar in it's current state.

I have a Greddy BCC fitted also.

Well that error code means you are overboosting as far as the ECU is concerned, you'll get it logged every time you hit fuel cut. If you reset the ECU and drive so you go on boost but don't go over say 0.8bar then check the codes again, you'll probably find the error isn't there. Hit 1.2bar then and recheck and it'll probably be back.

-Ian

Well i'm glad you mentioned that fella,i was thinking along the lines of a dodgy actuator or a damaged vacum hose,ect. (shows how much i know) LOL!!

Would i be correct in thinking that the purpose of the Greddy BCC was to eliminate fuel cut by tricking the ECU into thinking it's running stock boost levels??

If so does this mean the Greddy BCC is not installed/setup correctly??

Cheers