The mkiv Supra Owners Club

07/10/93 Top Gear Supra Review

mawby

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good review in my opinion.

Tiff seemed to cover the main aspects of the Supra, althought in my experience the gearbox from one Supra to another feels very different.

He decribes a 'spongy' feel to it, which I did notice on one Supra I drove.... but where as my own UK spec has a nice direct feel to it.

Shame there was no track or 'spirited' drive shown on the clip and the neons were not really required I thought but overall I liked it.... good video.

Although Top Gear is mostly panto these days thank god for them because that car would've been shown to it's true potential.

I can't believe the differences in car journalism from then to now.

Perhaps that's why Top Gear has been criticised so much for their hunger for speed, they are only showing the cars skills accurately.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Awesome find guys!!! Thanks for posting that...

Bit confusing though... didn't Tiff say that it was the 'New Supra' due to be released in 2001???

Everyone says it was from 93 though? :blink:

Someone needs to kick top gears arse into doing a review of how awesome Jap Sports cars are and get the Stig in the Sup :)

Awesome find guys!!! Thanks for posting that...

Bit confusing though... didn't Tiff say that it was the 'New Supra' due to be released in 2001???

Everyone says it was from 93 though? :blink:

Someone needs to kick top gears arse into doing a review of how awesome Jap Sports cars are and get the Stig in the Sup :)

He said "this isnt some concept car due for release in 2001

Good Vid :cool:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest stevosupramad

Its good to see a video from around the time i was born...well two yrs after, but id really like to see Jeremy Clarkson review a 3.0 twin turbo as they are now with people changing them here and there....And then let the stig take one around the track!

Although this would be unfair because all the supra's now a days have different bhp it would be nice to see the supra on the board along with the 911, F430, Enzo and possibly beating them!

Its good to see a video from around the time i was born...well two yrs after, but id really like to see Jeremy Clarkson review a 3.0 twin turbo as they are now with people changing them here and there....And then let the stig take one around the track!

Although this would be unfair because all the supra's now a days have different bhp it would be nice to see the supra on the board along with the 911, F430, Enzo and possibly beating them!

Id agree with that, get a modded one off here and race it next to a lambo or something, and see what wins......