Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 61 to 72 of 72

Thread: 07/10/93 Top Gear Supra Review

  1. #61
    Posting is my life! Club Member a98pmalcolm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    England - Bedfordshire
    Posts
    6,687
    Feedback
    19 (100%)
    lol the german language is funny.!

  2. #62
    I'm a newbie MEMBERSHIP DUE
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    England - Kent
    Posts
    35
    Feedback
    0
    hey come on stop knocking tiff, this was back when top gear was half hour episodes and clarkson drove like a headmaster then too, and there was no stig and no test tracks to use! compare that to how tiff and jason test cars on 5th gear now they get them side ways all the time and compete to see who has the longest drift's!
    oh and just so you know tiff needel was a pro touring car and gt race driver. and also covered for the stig at the start of the last series because the stig got the boot!
    also any 1 who has any of clarkson early vids will know tiff was in them as was vicky buttler henderson who use to teach people how to race before presenting 5th gear.

    ok rant over lol.

  3. #63
    Your Mum's favourite Club Member Josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    England - West Midlands
    Posts
    15,403
    Feedback
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    hey come on stop knocking tiff, this was back when top gear was half hour episodes and clarkson drove like a headmaster then too, and there was no stig and no test tracks to use! compare that to how tiff and jason test cars on 5th gear now they get them side ways all the time and compete to see who has the longest drift's!
    oh and just so you know tiff needel was a pro touring car and gt race driver. and also covered for the stig at the start of the last series because the stig got the boot!
    also any 1 who has any of clarkson early vids will know tiff was in them as was vicky buttler henderson who use to teach people how to race before presenting 5th gear.

    ok rant over lol.
    No one's "knocked" him since June last year

    It's true though, Fifth Gear do have the better drivers.
    UK TT6 with BBS LMs

  4. #64
    is now a Supraless Club Member AndrewOW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    England - East Sussex
    Posts
    14,061
    Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    hey come on stop knocking tiff, this was back when top gear was half hour episodes and clarkson drove like a headmaster then too, and there was no stig and no test tracks to use! compare that to how tiff and jason test cars on 5th gear now they get them side ways all the time and compete to see who has the longest drift's!
    oh and just so you know tiff needel was a pro touring car and gt race driver. and also covered for the stig at the start of the last series because the stig got the boot!
    also any 1 who has any of clarkson early vids will know tiff was in them as was vicky buttler henderson who use to teach people how to race before presenting 5th gear.

    ok rant over lol.
    Err, thanks for that. I think.

    Just getting it broadcast on my birthday, was quite special, as it happens.

  5. #65
    I'm a newbie MEMBERSHIP DUE
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    England - Kent
    Posts
    35
    Feedback
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    No one's "knocked" him since June last year

    It's true though, Fifth Gear do have the better drivers.
    im new i gotta lotta catching up to do lol.

    are we talking reviewers or driving skill? coz if its skill 5th gear wins hands down they have 4 race drivers to top gears 1 ! nuff said i think.

  6. #66
    Your Mum's favourite Club Member Josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    England - West Midlands
    Posts
    15,403
    Feedback
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    im new i gotta lotta catching up to do lol.

    are we talking reviewers or driving skill? coz if its skill 5th gear wins hands down they have 4 race drivers to top gears 1 ! nuff said i think.
    Top Gear is just going for pure laughs now and not really reviewing.

    Top Gear repeats for easy background TV, Fifth Gear for watching some good driving
    UK TT6 with BBS LMs

  7. #67
    I'm a newbie MEMBERSHIP DUE
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    England - Kent
    Posts
    35
    Feedback
    0
    agree

  8. #68
    Happy Club Member RobSheffield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    England - South Yorkshire
    Posts
    25,958
    Feedback
    86 (100%)
    OMG Supra on Top Gear?! :o
    My Garage

    Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. (Max Ehrmann - Desiderata)

  9. #69
    Work... what work? Club Member XIL007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    England - Leicestershire
    Posts
    309
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    I can remember watching this when it was first shown, i was 13 at the time and i remember thinking id never seen a car like it before. Nissan had the 300Z which style wise was amazing at the time in a knight rider way. Then i seen this review and had to have a supra, nice to see the review can still be viewed today

  10. #70
    Ex-Blackwidow Owner Club Member imi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    England - Greater London
    Posts
    16,452
    Feedback
    34 (95%)
    Wish I could park my supra away like that
    "winning is everything and coming second means nothing!" - Ayrton Senna
    "float like a butterfly sting like a bee" - Mohammed Ali
    "war is the terrorism of the rich and powerful and terrorism is the way of the poor and powerless" - G Galloway

  11. #71
    What search button? Club Member supraGZaerotop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Wales - Mid Glamorgan
    Posts
    1,512
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    not sure if this has been asked, but i wonder if this very car is around today?
    toyota mr2 gt2.0 tbar 1992 j
    toyota mr2 gt2.0 tbar 1993 k
    nissan 200sx s14a 1997 R (lots of dosh spent, 300bhp )
    toyota supra gz aerotop TT 1994 (sold 2010 )
    toyota supra gz aerotop TT 1993-bpu

  12. #72
    I'm a newbie Club Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Scotland - Lothian
    Posts
    24
    Feedback
    0
    Cant beleive I have never seen this before. What did you say about the gearbox tiff pmsl

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •