The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Will worn droplinks cause this?

pistonbroke

On route into work this morning everything seemed fine, pulled onto the A2 and accelerated up to about 60, during acceleration I got a wobbliing sensation through the steering wheel, then the car seemed to pull to one side all of a sudden, it felt like I had a puncture, or that feeling when the car tramlines on uneven road surfaces, but I've never noticed it doing it before on this stretch of road. so I pulled over and checked the tires. The tires were all fine and could'nt work out what the problem was. So, I continued on my journey, it never did it after that but I managed to replicate the slight steering wheel wobble again a couple of times at higher speeds. When I got into work I had a quick nosey about underneath and the only thing I could find was badly worn front droplinks, the rubber has detereorated terribly on one of them and when I touched it, all this brown rusty gunk that used to be grease fell out, like a little turd :D.

Once I got the car home this evening I jacked up the front and checked everything I could see, the roll bar bushes seem fine and there is no play in them, the top and bottom ball joints seem fine, the shocks are fine, the only thing I could see was the knackered droplinks. So while I was there, I decided to change the oil and filter, I felt bad for my baby, that I'd let her down in some way, so I made it up to her with some nice new Motul Chrono oil :)

So my question is this, could worn droplinks cause the symptoms I described earlier, or have I missed something ?:search:

• 2 months later...