The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New to the world of supra's

Bakerboy

Hi all,

I have recently made the choice to sell my 03 impreza sti to save some money and get the car i've always wanted.. a supra aerotop.

I will miss my scooby, but for the money in my opinion nothing can match the looks and heritage of the toyota supra.

I'm raising money by getting a lower valued car, saving money on insurace so it seems like the right option to me.

Here is the one i'm looking at tommorow http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/114583.htm could you guys give me your honest opinions if it looks like a good example to you, some of you may know the owner as I believe he's on here that would be even better :)

A couple of questions I have for you guys:

1. The car has done 78k miles, if I was to look after it very well and service it everytime it's due how many miles can these car's go on for? It's a 3.01L non turbo aerotop import.

2. How regular are the servicing intervals?

3. Is the 3.01L non turbo still tunable? I'm thinking of a sports cat full exhaust system and induction kit how much of a power increase would I get from that?

4. Bodykits, I would like to get the veilside bodykit for it how much can I be expected to pay for one and where can I get one that accepts visa electron?

Sorry about the barrage of questions, I did the same when I got my scooby and learnt many valuble things if there's any pointers you can give me in addition to the above it'd be much appreciated.

Bakerboy.

Hello and welcome O fabulous type one:)

Welcome to the world of the best car to come out of the land of the Risen Sun. Hope youve enough dough to buy a good one, use your loaf not your heart in the search, bet you cant wait to get a slice of Supra action.

Dont forget the Hovis pics (wife / gf preferably:p)

Ok, Ill stop now:)

Im no expert on these cars as I have only owned mine for about 6 months but you may want to consider the twin turbo version that can be picked up for around £6000-£7000 in just as good condition.

This would be more comparible in perfrmance terms to what you have been used to with the STI.

Dont get me wrong, the NA Supra is a fine motor but I dont believe they are that tuneable and you will only achieve small gains with exhausts etc.

The TT on the other hand is a case of "how much power do you require"?

Sure others will be along to correct me shortly anyway..

Carl

Thanks for the reply's guys, to be honest power doesn't bother me as much as having to travel halfway across the country and I definatly want an aerotop and I believe that Twin turbo aerotop's are very rare?

I'm hoping it will sound nice with the sports cat and induction kit :)

Thanks for the reply's guys, to be honest power doesn't bother me as much as having to travel halfway across the country and I definatly want an aerotop and I believe that Twin turbo aerotop's are very rare?

TT aerotops are rare and a sports exhaust on a N/A will sound lovely.

Carl

TT Aero tops are not THAT rare. May take a while to find a really good one, but theres a few out there. Note that all TT aerotops are auto (great autobox though), and TT aerotops stopped being produced in 1996. N/A aerotops were made a little longer. Once you are a full member, you will have access to the cars for sale and Supra dealers / importers on here. If you are seriously thinking TT aerotop, someone whos selling one who reads this thread may contact you before then ??

Good advice Nick, I shall do that once she's mine :)

One question that still remains unanswerd, is that if I reguarly service the supra how many miles will it go on for?

I want it for the long run..

An N/A will run on at least until you change up to a TT.

A TT will keep going at least until you get bored and go single:)

Realy depends on the condition its in when you buy her. High mileage isnt an issue if you spend on upkeep, unless its been badly looked after in the past.

Good advice Nick, I shall do that once she's mine :)

One question that still remains unanswerd, is that if I reguarly service the supra how many miles will it go on for?

I want it for the long run..

Forever! :D The Supra is extremely reliable both as an NA or TT.

Welcome to the club mate, imo I'd personally get a TT. You will pick one up for around the £7k mark and believe it or not the NA costs pretty much the same to run as the TT. MPG and insurance is very similar.