The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Complaints regarding GT-Cars

mawby

Following complaints from Nicholas Sutton @ GT-Cars, and in light of impending legal action against the club again, I am hereby requesting that no posts or threads are made on this forum regarding GT-Cars that could be perceived as libellous, inflammatory, or potentially reputation damaging, unless you have documented evidence to back up your claims. Of course opinions are allowed, as are truthful, first-party experiences, but heresay will be removed.

mawby

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Whats classed as documented evidence?

I have saved the original advertised spec that show on it the parts my car was missing... i have all the stock parts that was ment to be uprated still and i have emails saved where he says he will supply my missing parts.. will that do?

What the complaint then? why has this arisen?

The fact that a number of "customers" have been allegedly sold cars thats spec differs to that advertised.

But I am sure that the number of members on here are all worng and that GT Cars are not guilty.

I mean why would a number of customers complain have no idea why ?? :D

The fact that a number of "customers" have been allegedly sold cars thats spec differs to that advertised.

But I am sure that the number of members on here are all worng and that GT Cars are not guilty.

I mean why would a number of customers complain have no idea why ?? :D

Oh hang on, i think ive seen their website now, its been linked to a couple of times. Interesting

& i thought the idea of this site and others like it was to protect its members from traders who InMyOpinion ONLY cannot run a business / provide a service the say they can / try to con or cheat etc :rolleyes:

Ban them for the sake of other members / prospective supra owners - i would happily chip in extra pound or two to have a site that excluded poor traders and even kept a list of ones with validated poor trading

Rant over:)

I vaguely remember it being discussed but how can they take legal action against the club as people are only expressing their personal opinion on a public website. If they are that worried about their image then maybe they should make an effort to actually sell what they advertise and therefore keep their customers happy.

how can they take legal action against the club as people are only expressing their personal opinion on a public website. If they are that worried about their image then maybe they should make an effort to actually sell what they advertise and therefore keep their customers happy.

Totally agree with you gareth...

Following complaints from Nicholas Sutton @ GT-Cars, and in light of impending legal action against the club again, I am hereby requesting that no posts or threads are made on this forum regarding GT-Cars that could be perceived as libellous, inflammatory, or potentially reputation damaging, unless you have documented evidence to back up your claims. Of course opinions are allowed, as are truthful, first-party experiences, but heresay will be removed.

mawby

I wanna know what Nic wrote to you mate, what was the contents of his email?

Oh my god. This is ridiculous.

Can people really sue the forum for slander and liable when at the end of the day its just peoples opinion.

I for one am getting sick of all this.

People are just trying to help others out by voicing their experiences.

If I had a bad experience with a company or individual I would voice it so others on here can be made aware. In the same respect if I had a good experience I would do the same.

For the sake of fellow memebers...

Oh my god. This is ridiculous.

Can people really sue the forum for slander and liable when at the end of the day its just peoples opinion.

Unfortunately yes they can, we have something like 48 hours from being notified of a slanderous etc comment to remove it or we are liable. Nice eh?

Guest Terry S

Mawby seeing as members frown upon the threat of legal action, you should issue a "name and shame" of any traders past and present that have threatened the club. This may make them think twice in the future.