The mkiv Supra Owners Club

99 Ron petrol in Tesco Penarth

downimpact

I was just filling my daily driver with cheapy tesco unleaded when i noticed the super unleaded was 99 ron :Pling: Must of been when they changed the pumps over. Straight home to collect the Supra now purring with 99 Ron petrol :D

Wont have the detegents of optimax, but 99 Ron :D

I just thought they were doing a trial down south, i couldn't believe it, it's great 'cause the nearest shell garage to me is about 12 miles.

Theres a Shell off the A48 fellar, not far from Newport road. It that 12 miles from Penarth?

This must be the first one in Wales :)

I drove bloody miles to get optimax last night!!!

Has it not got detergents like shell then?

I was just filling my daily driver with cheapy tesco unleaded when i noticed the super unleaded was 99 ron :Pling: Must of been when they changed the pumps over. Straight home to collect the Supra now purring with 99 Ron petrol :D

Wont have the detegents of optimax, but 99 Ron :D

my local tesco does 99 ron petrol has done for ages

• 2 weeks later...

You can get Optimax at Crickhowell. It's a village between Abergavenny and Brecon.

Not on route if you are travelling from Cardiff to Abergavenny but despite this CardiffSupra came close enough to smell it! (or would that be Shell it.) :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
Found some 99 ron fuel at tescos pengam green in cardiff. [GRIN][/GRIN]

Will have to use it to fill up next time and let you lot know IF its any better or not!

Anyone else got experience with this fuel?:search:

Been using this since got my tt imported, back 3-4 months ago and I think its the best you can get, I pay £0.96p for a litre here in Hertfordshire

Last month was £1.03 !! nice drop in fuel prices at the moment