The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Complaints Regarding THOR Racing

mawby

Following complaints from Pete @ THOR Racing, and in light of impending legal action against the club, I am hereby requesting that no posts or threads are made on this forum regarding THOR Racing that could be perceived as libellous, inflammatory, or potentially reputation damaging, unless you have documented evidence to back up your claims.

mawby

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:blink:

On what grounds?

:yeahthat:

surely any comments in threads are personal opinion (conjecture and hearsay), and nothing to do with the club anyway, unless the complaint is on the grounds of inadequate moderation (which I sincerely hope is not the case). Hopefully all will be well.

I haven't checked but it might be an idea to at least lock the offending threads - although maybe you've already got that covered.

Mike

I believe this is a public forum , if the threads are on the public section then he cant do squat,due to freedom of free speech, if there were in the members section then he can, thats if he wants to pursue it to court , which means mega money . But its up to the mod's to decide which way they want to look at it ,What happened to the feedback section , i though thats what this was for ??

What happened to the feedback section , i though thats what this was for ??

People are too scared to use it properly, probably because traders come along with heavy-handed threats about legal action each time someone dares to question their work.

if they are willing to spend there hard earn pennies on this then let them ...do it , but why are traders worried about this , if they did the things right in the first place then it would not come to this .... it just seems strange that you get persecuted for complaining ... well its up to the people involved to bring the matter up, if its true then what is the problem ?? so you get 1-3 solicitors letters , so what ... its having the balls to go all the way to court and seeing if they can afford to loose all that money . ..well if i was pissed off about someones service , and they did not do anything towards rectifying it, i know i would not hassiate on using it or shaming them .... as long as i have giving them ample time to resolve the issues .

If someone has said something which isn't correct and just looking to smear Thors reputation then this should indeed be persued.

The club should fully co-operate with any legal requests and indeed remove any content in question until an official outcome is received.

In general the club itself has nothing to worry about unless it was seen to endorse the alledged content and refuse to remove it.

Members should appreciate the potential seriousness of the situation and refrain from inflaming the situation until it's resolved.

I have no interest nor bias towards either side.(except the club)

IMHO of course.

If I say something libellous about someone/trader on here, surely it is me who has committed the offence and not the forum, who is simply stating an (my) opinion?......
That is correct, until the point where the libellous comment has been notified to the site administrator. At that point we have 24 hours to remove the comment, before we too become accountable for its contents. The same applies to our hosts.

I was only made aware of a problem this morning, and our hosts were notified on Saturday.

Unfortunately we cannot resolve this problem until Pete replies to our e-mails requesting the missing information from his original complaint.

Yes, but we as the 'publishers' can be held liable as well if we don't take action to remove libellous content. Likewise, so can our hosting company.

There are various defences under the 'fair comment' and 'privilege' clauses, but were legal action taken we'd then have to go to the expense and difficulties of solicitors.

Surely the BBS is fundamentally a database.

Therefore why can't you filter and lock/hide/delete EVERY thread containing the word "THOR", until the issue is resolved. I'm certain I can guess which thread has triggered this threat though, so it must be pretty obvious to other people too.

Isn't there a list of automatically censored words too, which will automatically filter away the unwanted words.

Surley if someone is doing bad work then there should be a system to be voted off. I dont have any experience with thor at all but it seems crazy to keep a trader (when we have so many) who is potentially giving bad service.

But if that trader contests the allegations in court and wins, and the club has been seen to ban the trader based on those allegations then the club itself could be in trouble?

True, it woudl also need to be ballenced by people who have had good work done.

However, speaking as a trader, whay shoudl I compete with someone who is not giving 100%. Seems strange.

In theory I could setup another company, pay my ££££ as a trader, setup a website , take some money and F*** off with it, and the club will just say... ahhh never mind, he wont get renewed in 11 months. Bizzare to say the least.

Following complaints from Pete @ THOR Racing, and in light of impending legal action against the club, I am hereby requesting that no posts or threads are made on this forum regarding THOR Racing that could be perceived as libellous, inflammatory, or potentially reputation damaging, unless you have documented evidence to back up your claims.

mawby

Might be a good idea to lock this then before something is said that qualifies for the above:blink:

However, speaking as a trader, whay shoudl I compete with someone who is not giving 100%. Seems strange.

I wouldn't consider them a competitor if I were you. You're quite different in your approach and main product ranges.

Just remember, it wouldn't take much serious legal action to shut the club down so it really is just best avoided for all our sakes n'est pas?