The mkiv Supra Owners Club

3D Supra Model

Nic

import them into what Nic??

Rob

Hi Rob

Jon said he couldn't open in 3D Studio, so suggested he tried importing instead.

Most 3D software will give you option of importing a 3DS file, if you need saving in a different file format let me know and I'll try to do.

cheers

Hi Rob

Jon said he couldn't open in 3D Studio, so suggested he tried importing instead.

Most 3D software will give you option of importing a 3DS file, if you need saving in a different file format let me know and I'll try to do.

cheers

AutoCAD?

• 1 month later...
Guest gzaerojon
Did you mean you can't Jon?

Have you tried importing instead?

yeah sorry, i meant i can't

Hi Rob

cheers

i'll try it on my main pc using 3ds max 8 (sorry for the late reply, totally missed this thread till it came back from the dead)

if it works i'll render some pics and post them up :)

Just tried these in Max6 Supra.3ds opens but looks strange. SupraTT says bad file. Tried opening and importing. Any chance of a .max and .lwo

Jez, the file is from a racing game, the model includes layers over the top with crash damage to the Supra, this is probably why it looks strange. You can either hide or delete these layers and you'll find the undamaged Supra layers underneath.

Had a photoshoot Thursday,

My Supra is being made into a model for De Agistini,

Pics taken and now gone off to the model maker out in Madrid to make the Model,

Will be an exact detailed copy of my supra with all the graphics etc etc ,

It will be featured on TV, Mags etc , basically they do a feature on the car in their mag and kids collect a part every month to build my Supra,

So my supe will be immortilised I suppose...

• 2 years later...
Guest krakkos

It will be featured on TV, Mags etc , basically they do a feature on the car in their mag and kids collect a part every month to build my Supra,

So my supe will be immortilised I suppose...

Wow, how cool is that... :cool:

• 3 years later...

Had a look at this last night in Maya. Looks like Solidworks can import many different types of files so have a go at importing this VRML file (.wrl) that I've exported out, and then you can save it as a native .step in Solidworks.

http://help.solidworks.com/2012/English/SolidWorks/sldworks/Importing_Exporting_SolidWorks_Documents.htm

I've not got Solidworks so I can't test it myself.

SupraVRML.zip

Autodesk Showcase should be able to import FBX files. Try this attached one that I converted to version FBX 2010 and above, for compatability.

The model could actually do with a qualitiy pass ideally as the 3DS file format lost some vertex normal information during the conversion. 3DS is an ancient file format and has long been succeeded.

SupraFBX.zip