The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Oil In Coolant Peugeot 206

the car is driving like normal TBH, isnt it quite low mileage to be the head though at 45000 miles, how old were your 2 that went.

what do you mean by liner problem?

Head gaskets can go at any time, hot weather , motorway bash at high revs, etc.....

Peugeots have wet liners, i.e. the block is made of whatever but the piston runs up and down inside a steel cylinder liner (think tin can with both ends cut off) that sits on gaskets at the bottom of the block. The coolants etc run around on the outside of the liner, hence the term "wet" liner. These lower gaskets can go, but in your case it is probably the head gasket, common problem with Peugeots..

• 3 weeks later...

Absxxxx is right.......

If there's oil in the coolant, but no coolant in the oil it may not be the head gasket. I have this same problem with my Audi at the moment. I went to Sants Pod at the weekend, and when i pulled into the gates to pay i wound the window down and could hear tapping from the engine. Thinking the oil must be low i lifted the bonnet to check and saw a custard type gunk in the coolant tank (oil). But when i looked on the dipstick there was no coolant contaminating the oil!

Turns out the Audi has on oil cooler that is plumbed into the coolant system, and when they get old and brittle these can fracture internaly and leak oil into the cooland but not the other way round. Lucky for me it's just a case of replacing the oil cooler and flushing the coolant system through.

Is the pug simmilar?

i also know of that, as a mate has a vauxhall omega and they also put the oil cooler in the coolant system, and he has had his go twice, pants design..

i dont think the pug is the same though? spoke to a pug mechanic, and he says there is a oil pressure pipe in the engine, and next to it there is the coolant line, and there is a seal between them, and thats prob was the cause of this.. i have flushed out the coolant, what a mess that was, and re filled it and will see how long it takes to show again,