207 members have voted

1. 1. What fuel ya user??

• Optimax @ over 1 bar of boost
    • Optimax @ below 1bar
    • Super Unleaded (BP/Esso etc) @ over 1bar
    • Super Unleaded (BP/Esso etc) @ under 1 bar
    • Premium unleaded (Elf/Total/Fina) @ over 1 bar
    • Premium unleaded (Elf/Total/Fina) @ under 1 bar
    • Normal Unleaded @ Over 1 bar (your insane!!)
    • Normal Unleaded @ under 1 bar (still silly IMO)
    • NA Optimax or SUL
    • NA Unleaded

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive been told that a Uk Supra can run quite happily on normal unleaded, so on a daily basis thats what i use, car runs at 1.00 bar). If i go to 1.4bar then its always super unleaded, but the nearest to me is ususally esso super unleaded.

Ive been told that a Uk Supra can run quite happily on normal unleaded, so on a daily basis thats what i use, car runs at 1.00 bar). If i go to 1.4bar then its always super unleaded, but the nearest to me is ususally esso super unleaded.

Originally posted by ad500

Stock UK spec yes

Optimax on all cars regardless of engine (obviously not if its a diesel ;))

What people still don't realise is the higher octane returns a better MPG, which at least covers the different in fuel price between normal and optimax - still trying to get all my friends to use it, have only turned a few so far!

Gaz.

Optimax, all the time now. Used to run normal UL but will not go back now I'm running Optimax.

Mind you, its a bit of a pain in the arse trying to find Shell garages in places you've never been to before. That fuel gauge has been well below the "E" sometimes.

However, I've now got a booklet from Shell detailing all the garages they have in the UK... handy

:)

Originally posted by Patrick_Devlin

However, I've now got a booklet from Shell detailing all the garages they have in the UK... handy

Cool, I'll have to get me one of these.

I always keep a couple of bottles of Octane Booster in the car in case I get caught on the hop - happens a lot round here.

Optimax, always i use my car daily so get through a fair amount of juice, car seems to run better on it-prob cos its a j-spec and seems to get better mpg, but then i could just be imagining it!

I well be on first name terms soon with my 3 local shell garages that i seem to be forever in!!

Originally posted by Gt4Brody

Optimax, always i use my car daily so get through a fair amount of juice, car seems to run better on it-prob cos its a j-spec and seems to get better mpg, but then i could just be imagining it!

I well be on first name terms soon with my 3 local shell garages that i seem to be forever in!!

Me too, I have a Shell garage 1/2 mile from my house, so always fill up there, everyone who works there knows me and my car, and if I ever pull into the garage in a different car, they always ask where it is.

Originally posted by Ashley Willis

Me too, I have a Shell garage 1/2 mile from my house, so always fill up there, everyone who works there knows me and my car, and if I ever pull into the garage in a different car, they always ask where it is.

Exactly the same for me, they all recognise me. Good stuff that Optimax, and at least you know that all the Shell garages will have it, not like SUL when you never know if they will or not, and even then it's always on one pump over the other side of the garage!

Ive found a local Shell garage and filled up with Optimax. It just said "Optimax Unleaded", not "Super Unleaded optimax" or anything similar, which i thought it would. Im hoping that this is the right stuff 79.9p per litre if that helps, i though it would be 84 or something, let me know if ive just filled with normal unleaded.

I guess this makes me look like i need someone to hold my hand and guide me. Sad...