• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the very thorough summation of all that is Supra. On the fuel recommendation I have run my TT for the last 13 years and 80,000 miles on standard unleaded with absolutely no problems. No roughness, engine temerature is good and it managed 330bhp at the wheels when I last had it on a rolling road. Also it was BMW M3 eating happy to 158mph on the limiter when I'd run it up and down the autobahn.

• 1 month later...
Guest bendion58

Thanks for Great post,

helped me loads, question for someone out there, my 1997 Supra has 74 ,000km what is that in Miles

Someone said my car is rare, ? being it is non turbo and has a getrag 6 speed box

Thanks for any feedback Guys Regards, Ben.

Guest bendion58

can someone tell me what 74,000km is in miles please

someone said my car is rare ? its a 1997 NA Supra witch has a getrag 6 speed box

thanks for any replays guys.

Regards Ben.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hi thanks for the great information, must have been a huge effort

i have a question...

my supra is a 1993 j-spec automatic twin turbo

the second to last letter on the top line of the vin plate is Z (gz model) the last letter is Q (rz model)

i am pressuming it is a gz model from that information..... but according to the specifications info provided an LSD is factory equiped to the car yet on the last line it appears i have a standard differential (A)

so just wondering if i have an rz or a gz?!?!?

i also dont have an active spoiler but judging by the paint it looks like the front bumper has been replaced at some stage

any info is appreciated cheers guys!! :)

• 1 month later...
Guest fezza25

im a noob and head is fried with all that info but excellent non the less, may take a few reads though to take it all in haha

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
Guest sm1th90

Fantastic thread and a must read for all new newbies. Thanks for the effort you put in to make this such an informative read.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Just wanted to say on the fuel front, where you recommend higher octane fuels. I have run supermarket bog standard in my TT6 for 16 years without any problems. Everything mechanical is as it came out of the factory 18 years ago and she runs fine, dyno was 330bhp at the drive wheels when last tested, on supermarket fuel.