• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ok cheers

what type of bhp am i looking at if i go for an n/a it might help

richie :cool:

220 or 225, thereabouts. I think you can expect to increase that to 235 tops if you remove the airfilter / replace it with a non-functioning air filter (obviously not something you should do) and decat.

220 or 225, thereabouts. I think you can expect to increase that to 235 tops if you remove the airfilter / replace it with a non-functioning air filter (obviously not something you should do) and decat.

brill i might get myself an n/a then and save myself a few pennys cheers (it is my 1st supra after all)

richie:cool:

• 1 month later...

n/a are definatly worth getting if you havent had one before, i started off with a n/a auto and i was delighted with the way it drove and how fast it was through gears. now moving onto a tt manuel, so hope im as impressed. i never thought id have an auto. but it doesnt drive like an auto. so reponsive. Getting the experience from the n/a was vital in my experience.

very good guides :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys! Just a super quick quizzer, am in Japan as I type hunting a clean monocoque for a build - can I just confirm that as far as anyone has heard all of the bare chassis, regardless of trim and spec should be identical - meaning only slight differences between the pre and post facelifters only?

Many thanks!

• 1 month later...
Guest StratOS

i read through the guides and i never knew Supra have a Tiptronic GB. I never seen 1 in Malaysia so far. Anyone here having the tiptronic model? and I've been finding a Supra with VVT-i and its also very hard here. Supra is a very rare car in Malaysia.

i read through the guides and i never knew Supra have a Tiptronic GB. I never seen 1 in Malaysia so far. Anyone here having the tiptronic model? and I've been finding a Supra with VVT-i and its also very hard here. Supra is a very rare car in Malaysia.

It's the same gearbox as the regular auto, except it has an ugly selector stick, and up/down buttons on the steering wheel, which is why it's called tiptronic. It's the same normal 4spd a340e box.

• 1 month later...
Guest migligs

Hello All

I recently bought a 1994 Supra TT, having trouble identifying which model it actually is? Gz, Rz etc. seems to have quite a few factory

options such as Targa-top, front leather seats of which drivers is

electric. is an auto has 2jz-Gte on build plate & engine cover. has no reference anywhere in engine bay of model type. I am hoping some Supra guru on this site will be able to shed some light.

I personally believe its a Gz-aerotop as i don't think Rz's come in aerotops? just dont have code to verify this.

Regards

Alfie

Supra 001.jpg

supra 18th feb 2009 069.jpg

Hello All

I recently bought a 1994 Supra TT, having trouble identifying which model it actually is? Gz, Rz etc. seems to have quite a few factory

options such as Targa-top, front leather seats of which drivers is

electric. is an auto has 2jz-Gte on build plate & engine cover. has no reference anywhere in engine bay of model type. I am hoping some Supra guru on this site will be able to shed some light.

I personally believe its a Gz-aerotop as i don't think Rz's come in aerotops? just dont have code to verify this.

Regards

Alfie

Definitely a GZ Aero. Same as mine :).

Yes all J-spec 2JZGTE Auto Aerotops are GZ, model code on the VIN plate should be E-JZA80-AJPZZ

Yep, that's the one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Avve

Great guide! Does anyone know the gross weight of a j-spec TT's? I have a 1994 auto TT (standard roof) and relly need to know this to register the car.

Regards!

Avve/Sweden

Guest Avve

Hi, thanks but what I need is the total, gross weight. My car is a 1994 TT RZ auto with standard roof. The car was never sold here in Sweden and the authorities need an official statement about the cars max allowed weight. I have checked other swedish-reg'd Supras and they all have different curb weights, max weights, some are 2 seaters and other reg'd as 4 seaters...

Avni

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...