The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone else experienced this???

c0c4in3

I hope that's only a problem with the shift knob / shaft / housing and not with the transmission. Everytime I try to get into the 6th gear, I can't get it the first time because it goes to far to the right. I need to get back to the left a few mm and then I can get the gear in. Any idea?

Thanks...

Maybe my english is not so good to explain the problem. But I am sure this picture will help. As you can see I have some room between the right side and the 6th gear. If I want to shift into the 6th and put the knob to the right, it don let my put it down to the sixt. I have to push the knob (SHIFTKNOB!!!!) a bit to the left to get it in. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot...

http://www.directupload.net/images/060209/temp/zjBBwrz6.jpg

my short shift kit B+M has a screw hat can be adjusted to stop this, it is basically the reverse gate that you are hitting, are you sure the lift collar on the gear stick is not sticking a bit.

WD40 or the like may help

Havent checked that yet. But thanks for the hint. Nevertheless, I think will install a short shifter (C's or BM) soon.

Thanks a lot.

Oliver

Hi there

This is normal, when I first got my Supra I had problems getting in to sixth as I thought it was all the way to the right and down - but it's actually down and a little left from 5th. If you're shifting from 5th, just gently pull the lever down and it should go right in... Just takes a bit of getting used to, especially if you're not shifting from 5th.

Regards,

Francis

Don't sound normal mate.

Lift out the gear lever surround dash piece and see if anything is blocking it.

I think a few of the members have had this before, hopefully they'll come along shortly

Edit to say I have B&M short shift. Goes into 6th perfectly before and after the B&M!

I don't think the B&M is worth it. Makes the gear change just slightly tighter. I don't think it's worth the cost of it compared to gain and I guess the stock shifter would give less possible problems/strain on the gear box