The mkiv Supra Owners Club

FAQ: Oil, Fluid, Interval, Capacity, Steering, Brake, Coolant, Diff, Engine.

Alex

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 5 months later...
Hi

Generally in a BPU, we'd recommend a 5w-40 and the GT1 is a decent option, but if it gets hard use, the Pro S would be a more appropriate choice. We can send the oil to most places.

Cheers

Tim

Tim,

I've had several members recommend 10w-50 for bpu instead of the 5w-40. The reasoning being that 5w might run the risk of pushing past seals that might be getting on a bit now. I know the 5w-40 oils once warm are the equivalent of 10w-40 and thicken up, but on start up with the oil not yet at that temp/ thickness is it at risk of pushing past the seals?

On a side note, it would be great to get some of the 20% off codes for the 10w-50 versions of the oils that were just on offer there at 5w-40.

Cheers

Marcus

Tim,

I've had several members recommend 10w-50 for bpu instead of the 5w-40. The reasoning being that 5w might run the risk of pushing past seals that might be getting on a bit now. I know the 5w-40 oils once warm are the equivalent of 10w-40 and thicken up, but on start up with the oil not yet at that temp/ thickness is it at risk of pushing past the seals?

On a side note, it would be great to get some of the 20% off codes for the 10w-50 versions of the oils that were just on offer there at 5w-40.

Cheers

Marcus

As long as it doesn't occur immediately - I just 12L of the 10W-50 Fuchs Titan Pro S yesterday :D :lol:

Tim,

Cheers

Marcus

Hi Marcus

If you've got a BPU and it's using oil due to it getting past the seals, a 10w-50 makes sense, but if it's not using oil, I'd stick with 5w-40.

I think there is likely to be an offer on 10w-50s soon, so keep an eye on our offers.

Cheers

Tim

Hi Marcus

If you've got a BPU and it's using oil due to it getting past the seals, a 10w-50 makes sense, but if it's not using oil, I'd stick with 5w-40.

I think there is likely to be an offer on 10w-50s soon, so keep an eye on our offers.

Cheers

Tim

Thanks for the advice Tim and good news about the offer. Seems a few folk will appreciate it ;)

• 4 months later...

Hi

The diff needs a 75w-90 GL5 oil.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-673-75w-90-mtfs-manual-transmission-fluid.aspx

The Fuchs Syn 5, Millers CRX, Red Line 75w-90 GL5, Motul Gear 300 and Gulf Competition are ideal for the diff. The Fuchs Sintopoid, Castrol Syntrax Longlife, Millers TRX, Motul Motylgear, Mobil SHC and Gulf Syngear are also good choices.

Cheers

Tim

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Think this is New?

Fuchs Titan Race Pro R 10W-40

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-89823-fuchs-titan-race-pro-r-10w-40-ester-synthetic-race-proven-engine-oil.aspx

PRO R 10W-40

Ester synthetic, high performance engine oil providing outstanding

protection for highly stressed engines. It is recommended for

use in all high output engines where SH or SJ lubricants are

specified. TITAN RACE PRO R 10W-40 may be used to advantage

in many modified engines in competition applications. All high

performance power units running on lead free, low-lead or racing

gasolines benefit from the extra protection of TITAN RACE PRO R

10W-40. Test bed and extensive racing experience show

significant increases in power output.

Recommended for use with the following specifications:API SL, SJ, SH.