The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lost the back end..damaged the alloy!

Guest Usmann A

Guest Usmann A

Was makin a video today,when overtakin the truck on a slight bendy hill.....toward a41. Floored the car and lost the back car 3 times..it wacked against the kerb and damaged the left rear alloy.

Seriouly dented in...cannot be repaired..badly buckled...i got 17 inch 3 piece split rim "equip" alloys.

PLs does anybody have these alloys on their supe..or know of anyone who supplies them.

Any advice on on "equip" alloys!!!!!!

:confused:

Thanks in advance!!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Usmann A

Cheers for the info james....iv already checked although i goound that taka kaira site do equip wheels......so hoping for them ot contace me back.

There may be light at the end of the tunnel after all:innocent:

Guest Terry S
Originally posted by usmann_a

Was makin a video today,when overtakin the truck on a slight bendy hill.....toward a41. Floored the car and lost the back car 3 times..it wacked against the kerb and damaged the left rear alloy.

Seriouly dented in...cannot be repaired..badly buckled...i got 17 inch 3 piece split rim "equip" alloys.

PLs does anybody have these alloys on their supe..or know of anyone who supplies them.

Any advice on on "equip" alloys!!!!!!

:confused:

Thanks in advance!!

And you want 600 bhp:eek:

Guest Martin F
Originally posted by usmann_a

overtakin the truck on a slight bendy hill.....

Pulling a stunt like that i reckon you should count yourself lucky you've only got a bent alloy.

Guest Terry S

I spent the whole of Chrimbo thrashing the cods off my slag. The lack of traction is ridiculous. It will spin the wheels in the dry at over 100mph. I need to sort out a TC system soon. Either I have to connect up a rear speed sensor to the Autronic, or Get Julian to re install my RLTC.

In Fast Show styley:

" this year I will be mostly trying to stop my wheels from spinning"

Anyone know a source for R compound tyres. CW??

Originally posted by Terry S

I spent the whole of Chrimbo thrashing the cods off my slag. The lack of traction is ridiculous. It will spin the wheels in the dry at over 100mph.

How is the bitch?

Anyway, what where you doing at over 100mph. Thats just irresponsible. ;)

Gaz.

Guest Terry S

Oh yeah, private runway..........

"Slag's" fine, but cold inside. I need to wind out the wastegate spring as she is making too much boost.

What R your plans now??

Guest Usmann A

Gaz and Terry seems to think that they r perfect drivers never lost the back..well one little mistake can lead to bad results...no one is perfect guys.

Just because the back got lost...dosent do evidence for me not being able to control a 600hp car.

Like I said one little mistake...also we havent had the car long..only about 3 months.

Guest Terry S

Well at least you are taking your time & easing yourself into it in perfect conditions. Seriously though, I have total respect for you pushing the MKIV, but they can bite hard, & with 600bhp are another ball game altogether.

BTW, never said I was a perfect driver, just much better than most ;)

The first line of you original message sums it up for me.

I never said anything about your driving.

I drive like Miss Daisy's chauffuer.

You've just demonstrated that your struggling to hold onto 300hp let alone 600hp.

As Martin says, your lucky it was just a wheel.

Gaz.