• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Juzzo

I was only trying to figure out what causes the solenoid to stick...:eyebrows:

But I took it out and cleaned everything and tested the ACC-wire for the solenoid... all was OK and now it fire's like it should.

Must have been the copper dust in the solenoid causing not-wanted connection between the mainpower/ACC terminals :blink:

• 1 month later...
Guest Tayousei

Just did this refurb and so far so good. My old contact was worn almost completely to nothing. Just a note of caution, be very careful when you reassemble the 3 small bolts on the cap of the solenoid. Here's how it went as I was talking to my brother who was present and assisting me: "There, that should be tight enough. The last thing I want is to snap a bolt or something *snap*.... awwww, f*** sakes...." Lol, luckily the other two bolts are enough to hold it down. I just covered the 3rd bolt head with RTV silicone as it wasn't worth the hassle of trying to extract a 2mm wide bolt when it would still work as is... So be careful! It didn't take much at all.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
hi all. my starter just packed up as well. i found a place on ebay (in the uk) thats sells the repair kit. i paid AU$28 delivered to aus. heres the link http://shop.ebay.com.au/repairkitsuk/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg= and they do more then just supras.

hope this helps

takecare

Nuno

Awesome find! Ten quid, and it includes the plunger assembly which isn't something we'd been replacing up to now.

Here's his UK ebay page:

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/repairkitsuk/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest SupraRacer007

This post is so well written and so helpful to me. I'm in California, and I couldn't find anything as well done as this on SupraForums.com - they even refer to this thread on SupraForums too. I'm going to be rebuilding my Solenoid this weekend, and thanks to all the pics, and the write up I think I have a good handle on it.

Thanks guys ... your forum is SO much more useful to me it's great!

• 2 weeks later...
??? Mite have to order in the morning are the part numbers still correct anyone ???

I'm sure they will be. If they are not, they will still come up on their computer system with a new code.

Why aren't you using the eBay link that's been posted? It's cheaper and it includes bits that aren't included in the Toyota kit.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Guest Reece08

Worked like a charm...

$44.35 AUD for the 2 kits from Toyota... bit more than everyone else, but i dont really care, my car starts now, and its still much better than the hundreds of dollars others have spent :D

Little hint to others... dont take the solenoid off...and especially dont pull it apart... wasnt too bad, once i figured if i undo the 2 screws on the bottom i could get that plate out and move the brushes out of the way to get it back in... before i figured that out, i thought i may have been screwed, because its almost impossible to put it back in with a screwdriver ;)

Car now starts every time.

No more embaressment at the petrol stations.

Thank you very much for the guide.

PS. Top bolt is a B*TCH! lol

• 3 months later...