The mkiv Supra Owners Club

FAQ: Spark plugs

Alex

• 1 month later...

Could someone please suggest the best plugs to go for in an stock NA?

I've got Bosch Platinums in at the moment and am going to replace them soon but would like an opinion on the best choice, probably NGK but which ones, T.I.A. :)

Could someone please suggest the best plugs to go for in an stock NA?

I've got Bosch Platinums in at the moment and am going to replace them soon but would like an opinion on the best choice, probably NGK but which ones, T.I.A. :)

any of the plugs Alex has mentioned will be fine, just depends on how must you wanna spend.

They don't stoc kthe BKR%EGP but they have the BKR5EYA there, still over priced as they are about £1.40 per plug from my local place.

Gonna have to ask my local shop and see what prices they're quoting, otherwise I might have to get you to send me your local shops number :D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

What to use when MAPPING?

A. Use only copper plugs when mapping. Iridium plugs should be saved for an engine that is already mapped and tested on coppers. This is because the mapping process is fraught with danger and that danger is det. Detonation will ruin a copper plug, but the engine will be kept safe. An iridium plug is much more immune to det and other parts of the engine can suffer long before the plugs do. Stay safe and use copper plugs when mapping!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest majidnaeem

Denso Iridium - IK24 - leave gap alone

wrong ...the ik 24s HAVE A 0.8 MM GAP ( 0.031") either use a hks dli with it for a single turbo supra or bring the gap down to 0.7mm

wrong ...the ik 24s HAVE A 0.8 MM GAP ( 0.031") either use a hks dli with it for a single turbo supra or bring the gap down to 0.7mm

You're a MUPPET - DO NOT ATTEMPT TO GAP IRIDIUM PLUGS!!!! :Pling:

You're asking what HP they support and then telling us how to use them?? :rolleyes: Whatever...

Guest martin169

i have a 1994 mk4 supra auto, n/a aerotop.

my local dealer told me that i need platinum plugs in my car and that it would cost £175.

is that right?