The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Trouble getting in to sixth gear

francis

Hi there

Just bought Nick's UK 6spd TT and have been driving it almost contantly for the last two days! :) Anyway I've noticed sometimes it juts won't go in to sixth gear, and then at other times it seems to go in fine. Is there something I'm missing, does it matter what speed you're travelling at to put it in sixth or is this a common problem?

Cheers,

Francis

Cheers Nick

Probably just needs a bit of getting used to. Have been clocking up the miles in the last couple of days, managed to get 21mpg on the first tank which was a plesant surprise. Still can't believe how quick it is! Didn't realise how much traction control holds it back, especially in first gear, but it certainly gets a lot twitchier with it off, especially when braking I've noticed...

Anyway off for another drive :p

Francis

Just went out for a quick spin, my fault, I had assumed it was all the way to the right and down but it's slightly to the left, no problems getting it in now :eyebrows: Would love to come to the London meets, should be down Santa Pod next weekend too.

Cheers,

Francis