The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Blow Off Valve, Dump Valve, BOV

Ian C

i have a sard r2d2 on mine and it sounds amazing.. at low revs it sounds like a wastegate though, sort of a flapping noise i love it :D

That's because it's BOVs or compressor stall that makes that noise, not the wastegate. Wastegates don't make a noise - they only open when full boost has been reached to get rid of excess exhaust, so can only make a noise then. It's got to be one of the oldest and most annoying myths so called "wastegate chatter". There's no such thing.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Brazen

i Have a uk auto which came with a hks bov on. I've checked the vacum and it seems to be suckin fine but there is no sound from the dump valve at all.

Anyone have any idea's cause this one is bafflin me.

• 3 months later...
Guest Brazen

i Have a uk auto which came with a hks bov on. I've checked the vacum and it seems to be suckin fine but there is no sound from the dump valve at all.

Anyone have any idea's cause this one is bafflin me

Please if anyone has answers.

My mate has a blitz bov and it sounds amazing on his mr2, but from the hks one on my supra there seems to be nothing.

Has it got anything to do with it being a auto.

This is supposed to be an FAQ entry, if you have problems with your BOV please post a query up in MkIV Technical, thanks.

I'll prune this in a while, don't be offended if your post gets deleted.

-Ian

• 2 months later...

Hi Ian,

Although it's been on for a while - I'm new here and have just read your guide on BOV's and must say it's certainly clarified a lot for me, and am sure for many other newbies!

Thanks for a piece well written and for sharing your knowledge - long may it continue!

:D

• 1 year later...
Guest turbo159
Thanks for that, was worried for a minute. AFAIK? Explain please.

Attached detailed pic of current BOV. Can anyone tell me which make it is as there are no apparent markings on it. Thinking of switching to an HKS SSQV. May fit it to stock position if i can and replace the hard pipe with chrome bling pipe. Any views on this?

Where does the vaccum pipe connects to on this case? I have this setup ready to be fitted but dont know where the cable connect.

Can we keep the original BOV in place with this setup?