Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speed Limit Defender, SLD

I'm part of the furniture Club Member SteveR's Avatar
    Feedback
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markus99 View Post
    im also having problems that sound related, when i put the car into to drive after reversing out of the drive suddenly (according to the speedo) im doing 120mph! lol. same problem when putting the car into park!
    Any idea what delimiter you've got fitted?
    Y2k (W-reg) RSP T6 - 568bhp & 540ftlb @ 1.35bar

Track Days - club social group

I can post! MEMBERSHIP EXPIRED
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    i don't honestly know it came on the car, suppose im gonna have to rip the dash out to find out?!

Feedback
    13 (100%)
    i don't honestly know it came on the car, suppose im gonna have to rip the dash out to find out?!
    AFAIK, the only way you can delimit the car (ignore the kh<->mph conversion for now) is to get at pin 2 on the ECU. As that's easier to get to and less hassle than ripping the dash out, I'd have a sneeky peek there on the off chance someone fitted the conversion & delimit chip down there. It's a long shot but you're not investing much time & effort so worth a go - if it's not there, you can attempt to follow the wire to the chip. Take some photos and we can have a go at seeing what's what.

I can post! MEMBERSHIP EXPIRED
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    pulled back the carpet in the footwell last nite and can find absolutely no evidence of any cables etc being cut and connected. could it be fitted elsewhere?

Feedback
    13 (100%)
    pulled back the carpet in the footwell last nite and can find absolutely no evidence of any cables etc being cut and connected. could it be fitted elsewhere?
    The chip could in theory be fitted anywhere, but from what I've experienced the most usual places are:
    • behind the dash (like mine);
    • under the dash (for easier access if for some reason you wanted to get at it);
    • under the gear surround (again easy access as that's a 1 minute job to remove);
      ...or sometimes...
    • near the ECU

...but like I say I don't know of any other way of tricking the ECU (i.e. bypassing the 180kph speed limiter) without getting at pin 2, so I'd expect to see some wiring chopped & altered there.

However I'm no expert on ECUs (or anything for that matter lol), I just fitted my delimter/convertor & took pics to try and help others - so maybe someone with more technical knowledge can shine a light. Ian C, Matt Harwood spring to mind and I'm sure there are others - maybe drop them a 'pretty please can you offer advice' PM?

BANNED BANNED
    Feedback
    could it be fitted elsewhere?

Work... what work? Club Member tayr's Avatar
    Feedback
    sorry to bump an old thread - if i already have a mph converter but it doesn't do the delimit - can i fit an SLD aswell or will it interfere?

Edit: I currently have the speed m8 converter . Is this a delimiter too?
    Last edited by tayr; 02-07-19 at 17:37.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12