The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ECU Pinouts

Ian C

Here are the ECU pinouts of the J-spec and UK/US-spec Supra. (edit - for VVTi and NA pinouts, see subsequent posts)

The "Wire colours" column is unpopulated as yet, I have no pressing need to fill them in especially as they are different between original and facelift models, if anyone feels particularly industrious they can fill them in and get them back to me :)

I've also added jpg screengrabs of the word docs to make life easier for people :)

-Ian

Jap spec pinouts.doc

UK spec pinouts.doc

Jap spec pinouts.jpg

UK spec pinouts.jpg

• 1 year later...

My garage is having a nightmare trying to sort a problem, they somehow managed to fry my ecu and they have put in a brand spanking new one from toyota (which i had to pay for) but it does nothing, they said they are trying to get the pin outs including the ohmes but are having difficulty can you help.

just to give you the story they had my motor in and uprated the engine internals in prep for the big power next year they also put in 680cc hks injectors and rail and an apexi avcr it was then given back to me to run in and i completed 546 miles and took it back for oil change for fully synthetic was then gonna do another 400 miles and get it re mapped but when they had it in for the oil change they melted the ecu. it also has dastek piggyback.

• 4 months later...

Good stuff! Anyone have a more complete pinout for block D? I have a complete J-spec 2JZ-GTE VVTi with auto tranny, engine harness and ECU. Not sure what it came out of originally but I think it's a '99. Anyway, I'm working on getting the beast wired up. Blocks A, B and C in the ECU are taken by the 3 connectors from the engine harness but D and E are bare. Please help! Thanks.

• 1 year later...

Someone needs to sort this out before somebody screws up their car!

I have been looking for the VVTi ecu pin outs for a while now searching everywhere. There are many many threads with bits and pieces of info but nothing that you can hold down and say 'Yes' thats accurate or even straight foward.

It basically came down to this thread here which is very misleading. Pete's layout and Ian's are rather different. The most important piece is the Block B pin 15 for the MAP.. (used for a FCD)

Pete's wire colour is different.... and Pete's layout sheet looks an official one..

I have checked my VVTi and the Block B pin 15 is 'yellow/black'.....

What I have not done yet is to Trace and confirm this matches what is actually at the MAP sensor.

Pete where is the source of your information/layout?

I will check mine proper and update with correct info and photos if I can.

• 4 months later...
Pete where is the source of your information/layout?

Only just seen this. Sorry, I've no idea where it was from now. Lurking on the Internet somewhere no doubt.

Like everything on the net, don't take it as gospel.

I've found this diagram answered questions I needed myself, but like you I'd dearly love some official Toyota manuals for wiring on the VVTi...I think we'll be waiting for an awfully long time though.

• 1 month later...
Guest chriskkyap

i also want full 2jz-gte vvti ecu pinout because now i having a convertsion from 2jz-gte vvti into bmw e39.......i got some pinout from here,,,thk guy...maybe in after convert i re-write the pinout for all a,b,c,d,e block....c you soon......bye

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest chriskkyap

hi friend thank your diagram really helpfull bcoz i have is japanese diagram....i found that have some wiring link to WPX1/WPX2...actually what it function.......the engine was already in the body........wow really good challenge on this wiring convert...hv fun...bye,,,

• 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest SupraDoper

Update this thread:

The 8th post, the pin out diagram is for a JDM JZS161 2JZ-GTE VVTi engine (aristo). It is accurate. The Aristo has 3 ecu blocks, supra 5 blocks, the aristo ecu pin outs are the same as the supra's, however you will need to add the additional 2 blocks where the pin outs travel to the fusebox, orange, grey connectors (reference Supra VVTi pin outs widely available on the net now).

• 2 months later...