The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Borg Warner S362 SXE vs S364 SXE

AC93

Ahoy all,

I'm about to purchase a load of bits for my NA-T build and can't decide which turbo is best. Who is running the 362 or 364 SXE and what power are you making?

My goal is to comfortably handle 650bhp, so I don't want the 362 if that's going to be running it in it's upper limits. 0.88 a/r single scroll will be my choice..

Car is:

GE non-vvti bottom end - refreshed with ARP rod bolts/head studs, ACL bearings

VVTi head

TT headgasket

PHR NA-T manifold

Possibly getting cams and valves/springs after Xmas if funds allow...

What would you recommend.. is the S362 perfectly fine or am I better off with the 364, or will it just lag?

Thanks,

I may be persuaded to part with my Precision 6262 as I'm looking to go to a 6466... ;)

How much would you be after?

Look at something in Garrett's GTX range. If you are looking for reliable low end and midrange power they are perfect. The top end is good but they don't pull as high as others.

Cheers, i'll have a look :)

Get the 364. Marginal difference between the two in terms of response, but you won't have to push 364 as hard to make the same power. Think Wayne made that kind of power @ 1,3 bar on his 364.

Yes Indeed :)

IMG-20190717-WA0010.jpg

I'm very pleased with the BW64mm, would like to break the 700bhp barrier with proper injectors next year with the help of Mike and Lee :)

• 5 months later...