The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Why have mk4 supras not been on "wheeler dealers" etc.?

herbiemercman

I like this TV programme on "Quest" and there cannot be many cars that they have not included in their renovation and admiration portfolio, BUT, the $64K question, why no Supras?

This frustrates me and i really cannot think why they have done this?

I would also point the same question at "Top Gear", the looney one that worked well, not the current one that no body watches.

Do any members know why? Herbie.

i dont know about after it moved to USA, but they bought cars cheap that didnt was too expensive or hard to fix. at the end of the program, the cars is usually sold, and they would have to make a profit to keep the show going or something.

Supra parts arent exactly cheap and would run up cost rather quickly.

i have also wanted to see a Supra in the show, but never happened.

Hi Evin, Thanks for the movie. I am not a fan of the Yanks where they turn most things into a carnival, Wheeler Dealers are also drfiting down that road, however i did enjoy the engineering bits, and the two "hot rods" cleaning the car.

Also i thought the exhaust sound in the last 5 minutes was great, i must look into sorting my exhaust out, but i think it is difficult to get a balance between a good street sound and not have the anoying droaning noise on longer M/way journeys. Herbie.

Edited by herbiemercman (see edit history)

:D Keep watching Quest tv in January you will see a Supra " done " ;)

Cheers

-Ian-

The club car? When and who decided it was going to get a wide kit and wrap. I personally dont like it. Looks worse than the wheeler dealers rx7. A scheme based on the club logo/ colours would of made sence. Or even a chance to redesign the forum. Seems like a missed opportunity to modernise abit.

:D Keep watching Quest tv in January you will see a Supra " done " ;)

Cheers

-Ian-

What are they doing to the supra? I was contacted last month saying some footage of my car that was shot in the summer for a different feature might be used by goblin works in the coming months. But that's all I heard

:) Sorry for the delay ...Yes it was/is Goblin Works Garage doing a MKiv Supra aka the " club car " It all came about last year at the NEC Classic cars show myself and Darren chatting with Jimmy DeVille and we came up with the idea with JB and basically GWG took it from there...…… You will have to watch the show in January the 3rd series on Quest TV unsure what episode in the series it will be to see how it all unfolds

We know its a marmite car aka some hate it some love it, but on our stand at the NEC this year it was well received

Cheers

-Ian-

We know its a marmite car aka some hate it some love it, but on our stand at the NEC this year it was well received

It certainly is, but it attract attention to the club which I guess is the main point :)

I liked Wheeler Dealers, its new format is a bit weak compared to its original, but its not a bad show. I didnt really think much of their previous efforts with the RX7 etc, but the one they did for the MK2 they had was good.

The club car? When and who decided it was going to get a wide kit and wrap. I personally dont like it. Looks worse than the wheeler dealers rx7. A scheme based on the club logo/ colours would of made sence. Or even a chance to redesign the forum. Seems like a missed opportunity to modernise abit.

The club car had issues with bodywork and when Goblin Works offered to modify it for free it was an easy choice.

The whole ethos behind the club car has always been to get it noticed, you all remember the flames on the front?

So it works perfectly for that now. Ellis looks after it at the moment and he cannot drive anywhere without people taking pictures.

The wrap will eventually fade and a nice new colour can go on, and I'm a fan of spoilerless so the BGW on the back will probably go. But for the moment it is getting a lot of attention and that helps the club.

I still drive my RSP....;)

Skhittish. :D

lol, Ellis hasnt complained about the 20s so it cant be that bad, he's a stickler for things being right!

I fully expect most people to hate it as it is an old style body kit with a random wrap but having it done by a globally distributed TV programme is great as we all finally get to see a supra on a TV programme, and everybody gets to see how fat I've become!