The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Will UK brakes fit this set up?

tayr

Guys, my plan was to buy a new set of UK brakes tomorrow, before I make a costly mistake does anyone have an idea whether they will fit? I have spoken to Lee and Paul Whiffin and both aren’t 100%. Wondered if anyone can shed some light?

Budget doesn’t allow for me to go out and buy new wheels right now unfortunately but I would like new brakes.

Wheels are VOLK GT-7

Front:

726DEC8D-443D-433E-BCE8-CA3B572D46D2.jpeg

15A3CE20-1CA5-4706-ACB9-F02F8A99DAEC.jpeg

9ED22AF2-8974-43CA-ADB9-65B3BD3D966A.jpeg

10D335EB-EC2A-40DF-AE6F-A2C646DEFCAC.jpeg

Rear:

04C99D60-D779-4C14-9C57-2878C3A468BF.jpeg

CF2D3658-AE01-4806-8E01-D15D974DC3A7.jpeg

A6AAB59C-8C1E-449D-BDA7-DEC9C426C8CE.jpeg

19257B40-9090-4CBC-BA44-594A64AC6B7F.jpeg

As you're local you are welcome to try the rear wheel on my car if you like, I have UK rears. I can't be as helpful on the fronts as I have AP racing on there, however it might give you an idea?

UK fronts in mine you can try them 9n my car if you want. I'm in the Eastleigh area. 30 mins away from James above so between us you can test your full set up lol

/QUOTE]

Thanks guys - really appreciate the gesture. Problem is time annoyingly..

I'm tempted to just give it a go, if they work great, if not - new wheels!

Hi,

It's probably a tad late, they should be all good, as I just fitted UK brakes and had to get spacers to get them to fit on mine, but my wheel specs were 17x8 +38 and I was only fouling on the wheel balancing weights. I have Volk SF Winning F-Zero's which have an internal barrel design that makes it tighter than a normal 17 for brakes etc to fit.

I’ve only got a photo of the Jap spec brakes with the wheels but you can see how close they are already, so with yours being an 18 you’ll have a ton more space.