The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pomeroy Cup with Toyota GB in Feb 2020

Jak jak

Just messaged Toyota back to check how many in a team. Also checking how to apply. Will get back to you both soon.

Jackie

Hi,

Just spoke to Toyota, if anyone is interested then you need to apply individually through the link https://blog.toyota.co.uk/2020-toyot...pomeroy-trophy

I'm tempted to go and watch if we have any Supras competing as I'm certain Ian Ian won't take ours out of hibernation in February :p

Jackie

Not sure TrackSup is gonna pass scrutineering.

/QUOTE]

Are you having a laugh, its mechanically sounds. Has belts. Battery needs to be secure and have the terminals taped up - that's prop about all they check

- - - Updated - - -

Doh ive not got a toyota :(

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, just jumping in here - massive thanks to Jak jak for sharing the event with you all. Over at DMS, we're assisting Toyota GB with outreach to the clubs and on social media so if anyone has any questions, I'm more than happy to go and find out the answers. Would be awesome to have a good showing from MkIV community :thumbs:

Thank you @Andrew@DMS.

It would be good if you could find out about the scrutineering, we have a couple interested, one being a car set up for track but still road legal, and a high Single BHP Supra.

How detailed is the scrutineering, do cars just need a valid MOT Cert?

It would be good to get a few Supra's attending. I'm planning to go and spectate.

-Jackie-

How strict was scrutineering? Be Brill if we can get a good turnout ftom the club.

Fairly strict but not ridiculous, if your cars leaking any oil it's a no. You also have to be able to fit 2 suitcases in the car, the supra passes this test lol and obviously anything dangerous will not pass, like dodgy brakes or illegal tyres.

Last year was a series of slalom tests, braking tests, acceleration tests and a couple of sighting laps around silverstone.

At the end the scores are all added together (you get points deducted for mistakes too) and the top 3 win trophies.

They put on refreshments too.

Everyone else gets a free toyota hat and a metal tankard with your name and the event engraved in the front.

Last year there was everything from an old battered yaris and a big toyota people carrier to my supra and some yaris grnm's

All in all it was a really good day out as the actual pomeroy cup race (a race in which vintage cars of different years compete, I'm talking 1920s type of cars) was going on in the back round so if your passengers or yourself ever get bored you can go and watch that too

Thanks @Jak jak (is there a way to tag people? If so, please enlighten me...) :)

To add to @raddys' info re scrutineering, the regs state the following:

8. The event will consist of one class and is open to road equipped cars of any age with any capacity produced by Toyota (cars entered may be checked with the DVLA website, whose records will be deemed final for purposes of eligibility and insurance. PLEASE NOTE – Road equipped means that cars must be presented in a condition in all respects (including MOT if required for age of car, road legal tyres, exhausts, lights, etc) that enables it to be legally driven on the public road. Tyres may not be changed after the car has entered the circuit.

20. PREPARATION - CARS

All cars must be prepared to a condition which is safe to compete. Cars which are found to leak ANY fluid during Scrutineering or on the course will not be allowed to compete until the seal has been repaired.

I think the suitcase check is one of the tests - if they fit, you pass, and if they don't you start the day with penalty points (sorry MR2 owners - you should've bought a Supra!) ;)

Bit more info on what the day involves in the report on this year's event at the Toyota blog: https://blog.toyota.co.uk/first-toyota-parallel-pomeroy-trophy-huge-success

Any questions, don't hesitate to ask in here or PM me. Great to see a list of attendees developing too! :thumbs:

Edited by Andrew_DMS (see edit history)