The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car Park Etiquette

MaveriK

A simple question, at what percentage of you reversing your rear end out of a parking space do you have right of way and others have to wait for you to complete?

My rule of thumb was that if i have over 50% of my car out of the space approaching vehicles give way but this has been called into question with a little disagreement a few weekends back.

Thoughts?

Common courtesy has mostly gone in the bin like many other things

I was trying to get out of a parking space on the side of road the other day and had to wait a long time

before anyone left me a gap to get out of, sometimes you get the opposite but not very often

Around here, more often than not, the disabled parking places are filled with ignorant and selfish able-bodied persons cars.

On two of these occasions I have asked politely if the perpetrator(s) had a Blue parking badge, however, both times resulted with receiving threats of physical violence.

One was a plumbers van parked diagonally across both bays and the other, 2-cars with 8 young Bucks sat there eating beefburgers.

Sadly, common courtesy and/or good manners almost no longer exist in U.K.

Scumtastic!

Edited by David P (see edit history)

wankers mate simple as ,most are so far up theyre own arses that any thought of anyone else just doesn't enter the single brain cell.was doing a 3 point turn a few months back nothing coming id made the first two points sop im now in the middle of the road I saw a car coming lucky I gave it a second look the prick passed right in front of me just as I was going to complete the manoeuvre.

got to the stage now mate I don't stop to let people out or through anymore as you don't get any thabks or acknowledgement

I refuse to join this club and dont expect to get acknowledgement but its nice when you do, like holding doors open, its

what i do and i'll keep doing it :)

I’m with you Dnk. If you’re expecting something in return it isn’t a gesture

/QUOTE]

Humm, i am middle ground then, i will let people in etc but if i dont get a nod of thanks i make myself feel better by calling them a name or two.

I always acknowledge someone who has let me in/out but thats because i am better than them, waaaaay better than them. :cool:

Humm, i am middle ground then, i will let people in etc but if i dont get a nod of thanks i make myself feel better by calling them a name or two.

I always acknowledge someone who has let me in/out but thats because i am better than them, waaaaay better than them. :cool:

Oh for sure, I enjoy waving back like the queen at the emptiness to make it clear to them

Oh for sure, I enjoy waving back like the queen at the emptiness to make it clear to them

/QUOTE]

I always acknowledge anyone who giveaway to me but if they don’t resend my gratitude I like to follow up with the internationally recognized hand signal for displeasure :eyebrows: