The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Toyota supra heritage parts project

keron

Hi Guys, I have been asked by Toyota to go into a meeting with them towards the end of November about this program and to talk about what kind of parts we would like to see remade again. I'll be doing my own list before then also but would be nice to hear some views/parts that you can think of too.

So if you want to add anything to the list, please add it here and I can add it to the list.

We will also be covering the pricing too as they have realised that they are being cut out by directly going to japan and middle east suppliers.....

Kind regards

Keron

Extreme Performance

Hi Guys, I have been asked by Toyota to go into a meeting with them towards the end of November about this program and to talk about what kind of parts we would like to see remade again. I'll be doing my own list before then also but would be nice to hear some views/parts that you can think of too.

So if you want to add anything to the list, please add it here and I can add it to the list.

We will also be covering the pricing too as they have realised that they are being cut out by directly going to japan and middle east suppliers.....

Kind regards

Keron

Extreme Performance

After doing my suspension refresh - Bushing / rose joint replacements or bring down the cost of the arms!

Kind regards

Keron

Extreme Performance

Keron there's a large list already going mate.on another thread. I'll find it.

This sounds like a good meeting. May bring down some prices but also allow people to restore their cars. I can see (potentially) that people will start bulk buying should the reproduction be a limited run and then the prices will shoot up.

Kind regards

Keron

Extreme Performance

That's awesome Keron ! Toyota UK asking personnaly to you this kind of thing… woow !

Excepted from the V160/V161 gearbox bits, I still can purchased almost all what I want in japan…

Almost every bodyparts for my refresh, no problem.

Engine parts too.

* Maybe the shims for small and big diffs could be more in stock (loooong delay for the moment on them).

* Diff gears ?

* New complet head both non and VVTI ? Maybe they are still available I don't know

* Shimless buckets ? More un upgrade than heritage…

* Carbon steeringwheel

* Facelift headlights ?

* Seats sliding mechanism

Actually, for me, there are still a lot of things available for the MKIV, just need to find where to buy them and correctly pay for them.

Keron - that's great news, will be very keen to see the outcome.

The link Greg posted seems to cover the majority, key ones from me:

- V160/V161 parts

- Suspension arms

- Facelift headlights & glass

- Engine looms

- All parts for the active spoiler (I believe these are discontinued after phoning round this week)

thanks guys ill take these items on board. Glass headlights I think will defo be a no no. speaking to them about it before with the eu regulations on glass headlamps as a whole, no new cars in the last couple of years have had glass lights so I cant see them doing these but I will put them forward (at the old prices too! £378 retail a pair instead of the £840 odd inflated price once they stopped making them)

ABS sensors :)
Yeah totally agree there!!

Can you really push these Keron as I don't think anyone has found an alternative yet and pretty damn important when wanting to map TC control on Syvecs etc too. Even TCB couldn't source them from Dubai or Japan last year.